Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

I know it’s a shame but I can’t stop watching Joris Bonson. It’s the tash, it’s brilliant.

Hoinestly, Our Brannch Chair and I were just rubbishing the idea that the BBC were remain-biased when they wheeled that specimen out as an example of the Voice of Leave.

Breeks were almost pished.

In fairness, Stoke, when we visited last year, seemed to have a higher than average number of people where someone in their family knew someone in their family. Weird place.

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:

Geoffry Cox to be the fall guy.He will be getting chucked under a bus shortly

It's not the first time the government has lost in court and their advice has been wrong. The same thing happened with the Scottish government and Named Person.

It's only a resignation issue if you fetishize the auld boot in the Palace.

6 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It doesn't matter if he loses 100 times in Parliament and the courts.

The general election will be the decider.

Indeed it will, and I can't wait. Not just the current mob, but the far right in general. A new world is not just possible - it's necessary.

2 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

The court have said because the Gina Miller appeal has been upheld with no right of governmental appeal, the Cherry et al appeal doesnt need to be heard any more. 

Yes but the news outlets at conveniently , as she doesn't represent a party, crediting only miller

14 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Geoffry Cox to be the fall guy.He will be getting chucked under a bus shortly

In fairness - and I realise that in this forum being fair to the government is a minority interest - but, while 11-0 is a sound skelping, 1 Scottish Court and 2(?) English Courts had found in favour of the Government. So it can't have been that clear-cut an issue, could it? 

Highest court in the Uk has decided that Boris lied its pretty clear cut

In fairness - and I realise that in this forum being fair to the government is a minority interest - but, while 11-0 is a sound skelping, 1 Scottish Court and 2(?) English Courts had found in favour of the Government. So it can't have been that clear-cut an issue, could it? 

18 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Someone on Sky News said this is bollocks and that the English court only said it wasn't for them to decide.

27 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

One English court. And you're right, it was not remotely a clear-cut issue. The finest constitutional law minds in the country had no idea what way this would go. The Inner House and High Court decisions on justiciability couldn't have been further apart, and these are six of the most senior judges in the country.

42 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's not the first time the government has lost in court and their advice has been wrong. The same thing happened with the Scottish government and Named Person.

It's only a resignation issue if you fetishize the auld boot in the Palace.

Yup, and lost primary legislation in Salvesen v Riddell, and lost on all but one ground in the Brexit bill case. Governments lose in court from time to time, it's not automatically a bad thing. That said...

Until very recently it would have been a nailed-on resignation if a Prime Minister who had prorogued parliament was routed in court.

2 hours ago, dorlomin said:

If the UK is in too much of a mess the EU might just pull the plug and leave us to either pick Mays deal or bomb out. But the possibility of a remain coalition in a post 31/10 election could be enough to sway them to give us two more months. 

All good analysis, but I'm not sure about this bit. Noises from Europe are that they want us gone now. They see us as implacably divided and even if we did somehow revoke A50, it would just be a matter of time before the bampots took control again. They want a deal, so they'll play and delay for that, but a Remain government isn't necessarily something they'd be prepared to wait for.

They also want it over because the uncertainty is bad for business and is distracting them from real problems.