Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

18 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Wow!!

Crazy report on Channel 4 News from Fishguard, Wales concerning a lady, Nerys Edwards who exports truckloads of shellfish direct to Spain. If there is a No Deal Brexit the obstacles placed in her way could virtually ruin her business.

What's crazy about this report is that Nerys Edwards voted Leave and would do so again. It's not just her business - she voted for "The greater good of the country"

How stupid are the Welsh?

They think rugby is a proper sport. 

6 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
18 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:
Wow!!
Crazy report on Channel 4 News from Fishguard, Wales concerning a lady, Nerys Edwards who exports truckloads of shellfish direct to Spain. If there is a No Deal Brexit the obstacles placed in her way could virtually ruin her business.
What's crazy about this report is that Nerys Edwards voted Leave and would do so again. It's not just her business - she voted for "The greater good of the country"
Try watching this on Channel 4 + 1 from 8.30 to 8.40pm

'Could virtually' = might, might not. Room for optimism there.

Would you be happy with a No Deal exit? Would you be better off? Do you know many others that think they will be better off?

22 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Wow!!

I saw that. Shaking my head in disbelief at how servile and thick they are.

Edited by Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier

24 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Wow!!

It's going to be a winter of eating shellfish, Aberdeen Angus and lamb.

Hard times.

9 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

They think rugby is a proper sport. 

Crazy, isn't it.

A so called sport in which the only requirements are that the participants have to be built like brick shithouses.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

Would you be happy with a No Deal exit? Would you be better off? Do you know many others that think they will be better off?
I want a deal, I think that deal should have a degree of compromise in it to reflect the original result.

So I wouldn't be happy with no deal as I think a deal gives certainty about what will happen.

No deal is a big leap in to the unknown.

I'd also not be happy with remain.

45 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Wow!!

Thanks for that. It doesn't mean the Welsh are all thick but she certainly is. What is the purpose of the EU? To make it easier for someone in Wales to sell seafood to someone in Spain. Maybe it requires somebody in Brussels to work it all out but that's the idea. Oh well after a hard Brexit what then? She sells seashells by the seashore.  Not her!  And don't ask me to say that in Welsh. Or Shean Connery for that matter.

Edited by Fullerene

43 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Wow!!

Did she define any concrete benefits of Brexit? Or was it just generic sovereignty shite?

Just now, Baxter Parp said:

Did she define any concrete benefits of Brexit? Or was it just generic sovereignty shite?

She actually said she had voted Leave and still wanted to leave for the sake of her children and her children's children.

She also said she had invested £40,000 in a new truck which she hoped would enable her to deliver seafood direct to Spain. She did accept there might be some initial hiccups and delays with that. Total madness!

Boris is still trying to get around the law and force through a No Deal.

Does anyone actually want a no deal or is this moron forcing himself on people like a fat middle aged beast?
You conjure a terrible image there..... for his bidie-in sex must be like a wardrobe falling on her with the key still in the door.

58 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Wow!!

The few seconds on the trailer at the start of the programme was enough for me and I decided that troubling myself with more of her nonsense was a poor investment of my time.

Moreover, too much of my soul has been dulled to allow characters like that to bring more misery to my world.

I would have some general sympathy with the Welsh question. I'd think that it's true to say that in terms of my fairly frequent visits there I feel surrounded by a general air of confusion or at least a mistrust of the 21st century.

She actually said she had voted Leave and still wanted to leave for the sake of her children and her children's children.
She also said she had invested £40,000 in a new truck which she hoped would enable her to deliver seafood direct to Spain. She did accept there might be some initial hiccups and delays with that. Total madness!

At least it ensures the safety of the sharks. We need a shark safe brexit!

Still don't think its going to happen....next couple of weeks he has to put some form of cobbled together deal before the Commons, while will be voted down. They will also vote on no deal and revoking A50, also both voted down, as will a 2nd Ref be.

Someone in govt (doesn't have to be Johnson) then has to ask for an extension...EU grant it based on a GE.

GE produces another inconclusive result but leaves the Tories with most seats. So again at that point they can't get any deal or no deal through the Commons after votes are cast.

At that point around the end of the year, the EU say that they will have to revoke A50-only option left as nothing else will ever pass in the Commons...and the whole thing is called off.

Edited by Jedi