Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

9 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Is the self-esteem of one Welsh lady more important that the wellbeing of the entire nation?

1. "wellbeing" is not only about £s.

2. Tell me again just how bad this economic impact is going to be.

3. One welsh woman? You don't think self-esteem played a part in all 17.4m votes?

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

She'd rather go bankrupt and impoverish her children than lose esteem at the Golf Club. A proud lady.

She may well be insane. My point is that self-esteem does matter to people. Not everything in life can have a price attached to it. Unless you are ICTJohnboy

Just now, Pet Jeden said:

3. One welsh woman? You don't think self-esteem played a part in all 17.4m votes?

No, but I think concerns about immigration and racism was a major factor.

That might partially answer your previous question.

I didn’t mention the economy. I think there’s lots of ways in which Brexit will make the UK a worse place to live.

And no, I don’t. I think it was based on lies and racism. Why would Brexit help self-esteem, unless your self-esteem is reliant on despising Bulgarians.

17 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

That'll be a no then. You're a kind of ideological prostitute. f**k self-esteem, just a few quid more, please.

I believe the self satisfaction of knowing that it is OUR country, Scotland, that is running and looking after OUR people, would adequately equate to a substantial rise in this "self esteem" of which you seem to be fixated.  Or is it secretly ICTJohnBoy that is the object/subject of your fixation ??   Only askin' like.

You may already have your todger out and in your hand at the prospect of your britannia ruling the waves again, but i fear you may be in for either a major floppy or, indeed, a premature let down from your de pfeffelllll when it transpires you've been sellt an awfy seek puppy.

Only sayin' like. 

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I didn’t mention the economy. I think there’s lots of ways in which Brexit will make the UK a worse place to live.

And no, I don’t. I think it was based on lies and racism. Why would Brexit help self-esteem, unless your self-esteem is reliant on despising Bulgarians.

Okay - maybe I made an assumption there that you were just being a mercenary like ICTJ. Tell me about these "lots of ways",

And you're telling me I have to despise Bulgarians to prefer to be governed from London than Brussels? Shit. What does that say about my preference for independent government from Edinburgh? Does this mean I am meant to despise  people from Norfolk?

3 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Okay - maybe I made an assumption there that you were just being a mercenary like ICTJ. Tell me about these "lots of ways",

And you're telling me I have to despise Bulgarians to prefer to be governed from London than Brussels? Shit. What does that say about my preference for independent government from Edinburgh? Does this mean I am meant to despise  people from Norfolk?

Be serious, how much of your life is governed by Brussels compared to London? This is square banana levels of delusion.

5 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

I believe the self satisfaction of knowing that it is OUR country, Scotland, that is running and looking after OUR people, would adequately equate to a substantial rise in this "self esteem" of which you seem to be fixated.  Or is it secretly ICTJohnBoy that is the object/subject of your fixation ??   Only askin' like.

You may already have your todger out and in your hand at the prospect of your britannia ruling the waves again, but i fear you may be in for either a major floppy or, indeed, a premature let down from your de pfeffelllll when it transpires you've been sellt an awfy seek puppy.

Only sayin' like. 

Hearthammer - I think there are a few concepts in this debate that you might find a wee bit challenging. maybe go back to whatsapping the lads for an hour, eh?

I think it will damage our economy. I think it will damage our public services. It has the very real possibility of causing actual deaths due to medicine shortages. There’s others, but I don’t feel the need to go into them.

And if you’re seriously going with the “take back control” stuff, I’m not going to bother. I don’t think you’re that stupid.

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I think it will damage our economy. I think it will damage our public services. It has the very real possibility of causing actual deaths due to medicine shortages. There’s others, but I don’t feel the need to go into them.

And if you’re seriously going with the “take back control” stuff, I’m not going to bother. I don’t think you’re that stupid.

Economy - tell me about how catastrophic that is going to be.

Public Services - wtf? Public Services will be what London/Edinburgh/Your Council decide they are going to be. Why the f**k do you need Brussels for public services?

Medecine - Can you explain why EU manufacturers are going to stop selling us medicines? (that we can't in any event get from Ch,USA, Jpn etc)

You really have swallowed the project fear manual. I suppose you also believe that Scotland couldn't survive independently?

4 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Hearthammer - I think there are a few concepts in this debate that you might find a wee bit challenging. maybe go back to whatsapping the lads for an hour, eh?

Sincere apologies for my intervention.  I was blissfully unaware that it was his master's voice and the professor emeritus of this parish who was teaching everyone else on what is right and good for them on this brexit nonsense.  I will look and learn from the teacher.  Is your self esteem now sated ?? 

Meanwhile, one of life's lessons from here is that sometimes disparaging remarks as to what i may or may not find "challenging" says volumes about where you see yourself.  I will of course join whatsapp to see what it appears i may be missing.    

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

They're not going to stop selling medicines, they're just going to struggle to get enough here because of delays at the channel tunnel.

FFS. How do the Swiss, the Aussies, the Japanese cope? It's like remainers have collectively developed Stockholm Syndrome over the last 4 decades.

I have no doubt that, if they are bitter enough, the EU could create border delays in the short term. But tbh, if they do, that kind of reinforces that it's the right decision to leave.

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

FFS. How do the Swiss, the Aussies, the Japanese cope? It's like remainers have collectively developed Stockholm Syndrome over the last 4 decades.

I have no doubt that, if they are bitter enough, the EU could create border delays in the short term. But tbh, if they do, that kind of reinforces that it's the right decision to leave.

Humbug.

11 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Image result for gary o'connor

6 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

It won't be the EU's fault. I'd imagine the Swiss cope by being in the single market, and the Australians and Japanese cope by not importing as much of their medicine from the EU as the UK does.

What, the UK Border Force is going to hold things up to teach ourselves a lesson? Bollocks. And you know it.

The Swiss get to be in the single market but without the other essential parts of EU membership. What , cherrypicking? Well, f**k me.

If imports by road from EU are going be a long term problem, lets do what Aus and Jpn do then.

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

What, the UK Border Force is going to hold things up to teach ourselves a lesson? Bollocks. And you know it.

They'll have to. Are you suggesting we are leaving the EU to open up the borders to all and sundry? Never mind about binning WTO rules.

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

The Swiss get to be in the single market but without the other essential parts of EU membership. What , cherrypicking? Well, f**k me.

A 'Soft' Brexit was, apparently, completely unacceptable. Brexit in name only or some pish like that, I believe.

3 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

If imports by road from EU are going be a long term problem, lets do what Aus and Jpn do then.

I don't know what they do, but I assume you're advocating setting up an entire new pharmaceutical industry in the next 6 weeks. Deadlines might be a bit tight.