Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Here is the post I responded to.

Why aren’t you asking monkman to provide evidence to support his statement?  Or maybe you can provide such evidence.

I am genuinely interested in seeing if your statement is accurate because experience tells me “coz Rainjurz” is a big factor in being anti-independence, pro-Brexit and Tory. 

If you quoted studies that don’t exist just say so for f**k’s sake then we can move on with our lives.

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Surely using the ‘logic’ in your second sentence you should be critical of MPs who would support the deal without knowing the details.

Give me a list of names and I'll write them a letter. 

I am not silly enough to believe that MPs know half of the implications of what they vote for.  I assume most of them read the parliamentary research bulletins and not the actual legal texts.

Just now, The OP said:

I am genuinely interested in seeing if your statement is accurate because experience tells me “coz Rainjurz” is a big factor in being anti-independence, pro-Brexit and Tory. 

If you quoted studies that don’t exist just say so for f**k’s sake then we can move on with our lives.

I don’t intend to fill up this thread with a puerile argument and @dirty dingus has shown one example.

I didn’t quote studies that don’t exist, and I have no reason to white knight Sevco fans, but I’m not as biased as people such as yourself.

Downing Street Source: The Government will pull the vote on Boris Johnson's Brexit deal if MPs approve an amendment by Sir Oliver Letwin which forces the Prime Minister to seek an extension to Brexit beyond 31 October

Yep they have been found out trying to kid on this vote meant a deal, the c***s are just wanting to bypass the Benn Bill so they can eventually fall out with the EU and declare No Deal.

3 minutes ago, strichener said:

Give me a list of names and I'll write them a letter. 

I am not silly enough to believe that MPs know half of the implications of what they vote for.  I assume most of them read the parliamentary research bulletins and not the actual legal texts.

That’s some backtracking.

”I don’t know the details of the deal is but I’ll vote for it” is no better than “I don’t know what the deal is but I’ll vote against it” but you chose to be critical of one group.

I support the SNP MPs who won’t vote for any deal regardless of the detail as Scotland voted to Remain.

7 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Downing Street Source: The Government will pull the vote on Boris Johnson's Brexit deal if MPs approve an amendment by Sir Oliver Letwin which forces the Prime Minister to seek an extension to Brexit beyond 31 October

Yep they have been found out trying to kid on this vote meant a deal, the c***s are just wanting to bypass the Benn Bill so they can eventually fall out with the EU and declare No Deal.

They are a devious bunch of c***s.  It’s just as well that Letwin had the foresight to create this amendment.

So much for Parliamentary democracy.

ETA if the amendment passes and the Tories leave the chamber I assume the sitting will continue without them?

Edited by Granny Danger

Yes because now that the notion of a government of national unity is dead on the water, MP should be putting party politics first.
When you have opposition leaders denouncing the deal made within 5 minutes of the announcement then it is quite obvious that they knew f**k all about the actual details then you know that it is opposition for oppositions sake.
Our parliament has been an absolute shambles for three years completely unable to build consensus on the biggest change to the UK for a generation (a proper generation obvs, not an SNP generation!).  
There is one solution - put the deal back to the people and see if they will accept the streaming pile of shit it is.

Letwin amendment basically is that Bojo has to ask for an extension whatever the outcome of todays shenanigans.So they will pull the "deal" vote so they can bring it back at a latter date(next week seemingly) so they have more time to get more votes for it

Excuse my ignorance but what will that mean?

Letwin amendment basically is that Bojo has to ask for an extension whatever the outcome of todays shenanigans.So they will pull the "deal" vote so they can bring at a latter date(next week seemingly) so they have more time to get more votes for it
Ah ok, but surely if they pull the vote EU will then have opportunity to grant an extension therefore vote is less likely to pass

14 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

If the Letwin amendment passes they are going to pull the vote

They can’t pull the vote. A motion can only be amended once moved, and once moved it can’t be un-moved. 

I suspect he just means the government will abstain. 

4 minutes ago, The Master said:

They can’t pull the vote. A motion can only be amended once moved, and once moved it can’t be un-moved. 

I suspect he just means the government will abstain. 

Interesting.  The Tories have said that they will withdraw it, yet again it could be a bluff like “we are leaving on 31 October regardless”.

If they can’t withdraw it then it should be fun.

50 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s some backtracking.

”I don’t know the details of the deal is but I’ll vote for it” is no better than “I don’t know what the deal is but I’ll vote against it” but you chose to be critical of one group.

I support the SNP MPs who won’t vote for any deal regardless of the detail as Scotland voted to Remain.

It certainly takes someone from the lower class to read what I posted and come up with your interpretation.

You'll have to explain how it is critical of one group, unless of course the group that you are speaking about is the entity of the elected MPs.