Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

7 minutes ago, Antlion said:

And you think this avalanche of tabloid-derived shite excuses you supporting a racist, nationalistic state?

I haven't read a tabloid in over 20 years. 

There is no evidence that the UK  is a racist, nationalist state.

What percentage of economists do you think support Scottish Independence?

I've noticed supporters of independence tend to be from the arts, whereas those in stem fields tend to be overwhelmingly in favour of remaining in the Union. Might have something to do with putting facts and logic over emotion.

Edited by Terry_Tibbs

18 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

Scotland being part of the EU is not an option for a generation. It would take that long to get the deficit down to appropriate levels. We'd also have to join the Euro which appears to have been ruled out.

Jesus.  More ignorance, sadly.  The deficit is irrelevant to joining the EU, it's a relevant issue when joining the Euro.  Joining the Euro is a voluntary process that is designed to be attained at the member country's pace.  There is no mechanism to force membership of the Euro.  This has been discussed at great length over and over again, I'm afraid.

2 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

I haven't read a tabloid in over 20 years. 

There is no evidence that the UK  is a racist, nationalist state.

What percentage of economists do you think support Scottish Independence?

I've noticed supporters of independence tend to be from the arts, whereas those in stem fields tend to be overwhelmingly in favour of remaining in the Union. Might have something to do with putting facts and logic over emotion.

Wait, you’ve claimed that Brexiters are petty nationalists. The UK is run by Brexiters, for Brexiters, has left the EU due to the Brexit vote (driven, in your words, by petty nationalism), and yet you are now claiming there is no evidence that the UK is a nationalist state?

I’m not sure what percentage of economists support Scottish independence, but I do see that economists opposed the petty nationalism (as you called it) of the absolutely not nationalist (as you then contradicted yourself) UK’s Brexit. Thus, I’m afraid your support of the UK cost you the approval of those logical and fact driven economists. Your support of Brexit Britain is now support of “a major mistake”, “major uncertainty”, and a “volatile economy” (quotes derived from those in stem fields).

It’s pretty disgusting that your meek acceptance of Brexit Britain coincides with a “71% of people from ethnic minorities facing discrimination, up from 58%” since the Brexit vote. But I suppose that’s a small price to pay to ensure Scotland’s share of a multi-trillion pound UK debt keeps rising.

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Jesus.  More ignorance, sadly.  The deficit is irrelevant to joining the EU, it's a relevant issue when joining the Euro.  Joining the Euro is a voluntary process that is designed to be attained at the member country's pace.  There is no mechanism to force membership of the Euro.  This has been discussed at great length over and over again, I'm afraid.

Terry has been away a while. He’s still at the BritNat confusion stage of arguing that an iScotland would be forced to join the evil Euro as well as never being allowed to join the wonderful Euro.

1 minute ago, Antlion said:

Terry has been away a while. He’s still at the BritNat confusion stage of arguing that an iScotland would be forced to join the evil Euro as well as never being allowed to join the wonderful Euro.

I think the reason he hasn't read a tabloid in 20 years is because he's been kept in a box under the bed for a couple of decades.

1 hour ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

That's genuinely made my night, terrific nonsense right there

2 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Unionists policies and arguments are immaterial and worthless given they are in the minority in Scotland and as time passes they become increasingly insignificant.

Unionists’ policies? They have policies? I thought they only had opposition to independence and literally everything that happens in Scotland, because nationalism is evil and please don’t mention the nationalism driving Brexit. 

1 minute ago, Antlion said:

Unionists’ policies? They have policies? I thought they only had opposition to independence and literally everything that happens in Scotland, because nationalism is evil and please don’t mention the nationalism driving Brexit

I really don’t think Terry gets this bit at all. He’s an ardent British Nationalist.

Just now, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Raab looking at getting deals done with all the big hitters on the global stage

Well that won’t last. Surely it won’t be long until Lichtenstein realises that it should dissolve the Landtag, merge with Switzerland, send some MPs to form a minority in the Federal Palace in Bern, and together form the mighty United Kingdom of the Alps. Then it’ll have the UK over a barrel.

2 hours ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

Scotland being part of the EU is not an option for a generation. It would take that long to get the deficit down to appropriate levels. We'd also have to join the Euro which appears to have been ruled out. Wee Sturg wants to continue using the pound with no influence. SNP grasroots wants a scottish currency; either way it rules out Scotland rejoining the EU.

Terry, you forgot to add that Scotland would need to join the queue to get into the EU. No need for detail about how many countries are currently waiting in said queue. Just say we’ll be at the end. 😄😜

2 minutes ago, Big Rider said:

I really don’t think Terry gets this bit at all. He’s an ardent British Nationalist.

Unfortunately for him, he began his tirade today denouncing Brexit as petty nationalism. On realising that that makes a mockery of his ongoing support for Brexit Britain, he then denied that the Brexiting UK was nationalist. Poor lad’s confused.

All the certainty that BritNats had in 2014 that theirs was the anti-nationalist, anti-independence, internationalist position fell apart when the people of England and Wales actually succeeded in pushing an independence narrative. It’s interesting that, despite being warned that Brexit would divide the UK, nationalists in England and Wales went ahead with it anyway. That’s the thanks Scottish BritNats get for all their unquestioning love and loyalty.

I think the Scottish Britnits actually believe we are subsidised. The rUK have been led to believe this too and will look to cut off Scotland as they continue the self destructive crisis they are currently going through.