Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Sending some PC parts to my pal in Germany - he'll be charged 15% of the value in import duty on delivery. We both agree that this is a benefit of Brexit, making shipping more reassuringly expensive. Considered marking up the value just to make the most of it.

6 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

I'm waiting on a package from Germany used to take 2-3 days max from same company, currently waiting 5 days, company saying will be delivered on 11th day but brexit may delay further.

Who's the carrier?

I paid the best part of £50 to send mine door-to-door with DHL insured. Their tracker says 3 days tops, we'll see.

8 hours ago, GiGi said:

Who's the carrier?

I paid the best part of £50 to send mine door-to-door with DHL insured. Their tracker says 3 days tops, we'll see.

I just got a UPS email saying I have to pay £141for delivery. I ordered a guitar at £555 from Thomann UK, to me it was all inclusive. I knew they were German but thought they had set up a place in UK, hence the name. Told them to stick it up their arse waiting on a response.

just looked up the number, it's a nigerian scam.

Edited by dirty dingus

17 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

I just got a UPS email saying I have to pay £141for delivery. I ordered a guitar at £555 from Thomann UK, to me it was all inclusive. I knew they were German but thought they had set up a place in UK, hence the name. Told them to stick it up their arse waiting on a response.

just looked up the number, it's a nigerian scam.

Well at least you didn't get scammed.

I need a new monitor and all the decent 1440p monitors appear to be sold out or stupidly expensive in the UK. I spotted a good deal on Amazon FR but looking it up, you'd add 14% in third country tariff, then 20% VAT on top of the total of the item+14%, plus shipping costs. Meaning buying clothes/electronics/whatever from the EU has really become around 40% more expensive overnight.

It's a b*****d. Also I might still be a bit cheaper even with all that pish added on to get what I was after from France anyway.

3 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Well at least you didn't get scammed.

I need a new monitor and all the decent 1440p monitors appear to be sold out or stupidly expensive in the UK. I spotted a good deal on Amazon FR but looking it up, you'd add 14% in third country tariff, then 20% VAT on top of the total of the item+14%, plus shipping costs. Meaning buying clothes/electronics/whatever from the EU has really become around 40% more expensive overnight.

It's a b*****d. Also I might still be a bit cheaper even with all that pish added on to get what I was after from France anyway.

I'm probably like the majority of the public being an odd time buyer from mainland Europe. The whole Brexit nonsense has everyone out the loop.I bought a good set of headphone on Amazon EU, they arived within 2 days, no problems. So I still struggle with the where,when and how and at what price.  How did these c***s get my order details?

1 minute ago, dirty dingus said:

I'm probably like the majority of the public being an odd time buyer from mainland Europe. The whole Brexit nonsense has everyone out the loop.I bought a good set of headphone on Amazon EU, they arived within 2 days, no problems. So I still struggle with the where,when and how and at what price.  How did these c***s get my order details?

Be changing a good few passwords anyway. Would recommend a password manager like bitwarden, I use generated passwords on my browser as well.