Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm not a Boris fan and I'm certainly not a 'leave' fan but the EU are behaving like utter fannies over the AstraZeneca issue.

I think you've proved my point. 

I have friends abroad (Scottish and English) and they have a completely different point of view because the European media are reporting this in a different way. 

This is manna from heaven for the Gammons and the Tories. We can all fight the 2nd world war all over again. 

32 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

These damn foreigners are stealing our ...

The Tories must be loving all of this. It's building up for Johnson to have his 'Falklands moment', where circumstances allow the Tories to manipulate events so that voters forget his long list of failings and support him as he waves the butcher's apron and stands up for the UK. 

The bit I've put in bold certainly worked for the Brexit debacle and that is what the Tory Party seems to exist for, but I don't see a Falklands moment happening any time soon. I doubt many will he forgetting his failings.

17 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I think you've proved my point. 

I have friends abroad (Scottish and English) and they have a completely different point of view because the European media are reporting this in a different way. 

They're not in Sweden, for example.  OK so AstraZeneca is a partly Swedish company but 'the Swedish media' seem to reporting it similarly to the UK press.

The main point seems to be that the EU dropped a bollock.

Guest Bob Mahelp
12 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Absolutely - this is wonderful.

Nicola and her mates would have us tied up to the EU rather than the UK which developed the Oxford AZ and also bought up huge supplies far in advance of the EU Commision

The UK didn't develop the Astra/Zeneca vaccine. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

They're not in Sweden, for example.  OK so AstraZeneca is a partly Swedish company but 'the Swedish media' seem to reporting it similarly to the UK press.

The main point seems to be that the EU dropped a bollock.

The Swedish newspapers are reporting it the same way as The Express, Daily Mail or telegraph are reporting it ?

I seriously doubt that. 

43 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Be silent! Her Majesty the Queen pisses pure vaccine in a magnificent red, white, and blue jet. Boris Johnson sweats the stuff from every fleshy pore.

If that were true there would be enough to vaccinate the world.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The UK didn't develop the Astra/Zeneca vaccine. 

It mostly did.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The Swedish newspapers are reporting it the same way as The Express, Daily Mail or telegraph are reporting it ?

I seriously doubt that. 

My Swedish is barely above the nursery, "Pappa kommer du att torka min rumpa snälla" so I am not best qualified to comment but my most recent ex fru - from Stockholm and a firm Remainer (as I am) - says that Dagens Nyheter is reporting this as an error on the EU's part.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Normally the EU f**k ups aren’t as well publicised as this one has been.
What a state they’ve got themselves into. I think we should offer them assistance, they certainly need it.

Has anyone got a link to the contract the EU released?

I can't find it via Google but from what I have just heard on Newsnight, and as a commercial litigator, it seems like a stupidly vague contract that was always going to end in a dispute. Would be interested to have a read though if anyone's got a link they can share.

11 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Maybe, but have a look at what's happening here in regards to the vaccine. 

The media are going all out to amplify the 'them and us' aspect of the Astra/Zeneca row. These damn foreigners are stealing our vaccine.....Brexit was all worthwhile !

The Tories must be loving all of this. It's building up for Johnson to have his 'Falklands moment', where circumstances allow the Tories to manipulate events so that voters forget his long list of failings and support him as he waves the butcher's apron and stands up for the UK. 

Don't underestimate how much all of this could work in Johnson's favour, even in Scotland. 

So you're conscious that this happens but you don't believe the SNP have done the same with the Royals and Boris visiting Scotland... that's impressive cognitive dissonance. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
17 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

So you're conscious that this happens but you don't believe the SNP have done the same with the Royals and Boris visiting Scotland... that's impressive cognitive dissonance. 

Not really. I explained in my other post.

There's no political gain for the SNP in attacking the royal family. Scotland isn't full of republicans and the SNP leadership are most certainly not anti-royalists. Nicola Sturgeon merely questioned if their journeys were necessary, which I think is fair enough.

Johnson of course, is a different matter. It's all political, which means that if he and his gang are going to swan into Scotland waving their butcher's aprons, the SNP are perfectly entitled to counter that.

Back on topic though. 

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Not really. I explained in my other post.

There's no political gain for the SNP in attacking the royal family. Scotland isn't full of republicans and the SNP leadership are most certainly not anti-royalists. Nicola Sturgeon merely questioned if their journeys were necessary, which I think is fair enough.

Johnson of course, is a different matter. It's all political, which means that if he and his gang are going to swan into Scotland waving their butcher's aprons, the SNP are perfectly entitled to counter that.

Back on topic though. 

Perhaps you're just not very bright rather than purposefully obtuse then. It's blatant and apparant to everyone that their is political gain in attacking the Royals, the same people that go on about butchers aprons lap that stuff up, funnily enough, I wonder why...

In the same way that Bojo courts undesirable gammony racist Brextremists Nicola also courts undesirable gammony xenophobic Nationalists.

It's like when you guys call OF fans cheeks of the same arse, you get utter cretinous people on here that foam at the mouth about the other side when they're effectively looking in a mirror. 

Both political leaders play to the gallery by engaging in such low level identity based politics and this gets lapped up by both sides but when you point out an instance of this occurring to one side it's of no surprise that the drawbridge goes up, the red dots and insults come out and the cozy blanket of cognitive dissonance helps you sleep at night. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Perhaps you're just not very bright rather than purposefully obtuse then. It's blatant and apparant to everyone that their is political gain in attacking the Royals, the same people that go on about butchers aprons lap that stuff up, funnily enough, I wonder why...

In the same way that Bojo courts undesirable gammony racist Brextremists Nicola also courts undesirable gammony xenophobic Nationalists.

It's like when you guys call OF fans cheeks of the same arse, you get utter cretinous people on here that foam at the mouth about the other side when they're effectively looking in a mirror. 

Both political leaders play to the gallery by engaging in such low level identity based politics and this gets lapped up by both sides but when you point out an instance of this occurring to one side it's of no surprise that the drawbridge goes up, the red dots and insults come out and the cozy blanket of cognitive dissonance helps you sleep at night. 

You sound very wound up for quite early in the morning.

You need to calm down a bit son, for your own good. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

You sound very wound up for quite early in the morning.

You need to calm down a bit son, for your own good. 

^

This place man 😂😂😂

I suppose when you completely misrepresented my post and seemingly wanted to debate you were also raging were you? 

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

^

This place man 😂😂😂

I suppose when you completely misrepresented my post and seemingly wanted to debate you were also raging were you? 

I didn't have a screaming rant though. I gave you my reasoning. You don't agree with it, that's fair enough

But it'll do you well to remember to try and discuss things with people as if you're sitting opposite them in the pub or wherever. 

You can thank me later. 

Just now, Bob Mahelp said:

I didn't have a screaming rant though. I gave you my reasoning. You don't agree with it, that's fair enough

But it'll do you well to remember to try and discuss things with people as if you're sitting opposite them in the pub or wherever. 

You can thank me later. 

Ahahah okay then f**k up you moron. You were literally the person that started speaking to me like an idiot and putting words in my mouth that people dont actually do when you talk in person... 

Love how when I dismantle your logic it's a screaming rant where as when you post shite it's your reasoning. Lol...