Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

On 02/08/2023 at 09:06, btb said:

Surely this has to be the final nail in the coffin of Brexit the Glorious Opportunity.

There is nothing left of Brexit now just the wait until we eventually slink back in....

Anyone up for a sweepstake?

Not until an entire generation has died, and the UK stops being a profitable cash cow for the wealthy. We're going to be stomped back to the Victorian era over the next few decades in the name of international competition.

The question won't be asked again with the Tories in power, as it's a gilt-edged opportunity to put the lower orders right back in their place. Labour won't contemplate rejoining the EU until it becomes an undeniable vote-winner. I can't imagine I'll live to see a Westminster government willing to return to the EU, for their own selfish reasons.

Can't believe we have finally cast off the shackles of the EU and can now get cheap beer. Enjoy paying through the nose for your beer and wine Frogs and Krauts......

Enjoy paying 6 quid a pint in the Czech Republic.... 

Are country are Carling. Don't like it leave simple 

7 hours ago, BTFD said:

Not until an entire generation has died, and the UK stops being a profitable cash cow for the wealthy. We're going to be stomped back to the Victorian era over the next few decades in the name of international competition.

The question won't be asked again with the Tories in power, as it's a gilt-edged opportunity to put the lower orders right back in their place. Labour won't contemplate rejoining the EU until it becomes an undeniable vote-winner. I can't imagine I'll live to see a Westminster government willing to return to the EU, for their own selfish reasons.

Was watching a political discussion program on BBC in the wee sma hours a few weeks back and the topic was if/when the UK could apply to rejoin and the EU dude said not until the Tories were pro-rejoining as  the EU wouldn't entertain talks with Labour about the issue if the Tories winning an ensuing GE and scrapping the negotiations was a possibility.

So a long, long time!

• 1 month later...
On 05/09/2023 at 10:35, Granny Danger said:

I’m assuming from this that German jails do not suffer from overcrowding or inmate violence.  

Germany's ruling class is inbred with our own. They have huge respect for the rule of law and strict application of rules, for other people. 

1 hour ago, btb said:

Another baby step towards the EU today with the UK govt re-joining the Horizon science research program, seems the Brexit experiment is up yet the two major UK parties are committed to making it work.

As long as the UK is doing serious stuff... none of this Europe getting fusion research, the UK getting to see how many fruit pastilles it takes to choke a squirrel*.

(* I think the squirrel bit was from Frankie Boyle.)

• 4 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, btb said:

Ryder Cup Conundrum - do we celebrate this or is it pishy woke tournament that true Global Britishers should deride?

The anti-EU headbangers in the Tory party will have been cheering for the good old US of A.  They'll be gutted.

I've no great interest in golf, but I'm certainly not going to pass up an opportunity to revel in the Americans getting it right roon 'em.

On 01/10/2023 at 16:47, btb said:

Ryder Cup Conundrum - do we celebrate this or is it a pishy woke tournament that true Global Britishers should deride?

If we discount all the scores from golfers who live on the continent and golfers from woke parts of America, who actually won?

• 1 month later...

Quick shout out to the "leave" voting mutants. Howzit going for you?

I heard on LBC this morning that the NHS was having difficulty in sourcing some medicines, allegedly due to Brexit and its effect on the medicines trade.

I set off this afternoon to pick up a relative's repeat prescription. It's for medicine he's been taking for over a decade and helps him manage a long term condition AND allows him to work with relative confidence.  Boots, hardly a Micky Mouse organisation, haven't been able to source his tablets in his dosage for ages and their stock is apparently exhausted. I found another pharmacist who could only provide tablets at twice the dosage which my relative will have to cut in half. According to our GP surgery, shortages are affecting other medicines too.

There is not a boot big enough to kick the genitals of the men and women who not only promoted Brexit but also voted for it.

Rant over. Meantime.

9 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Quick shout out to the "leave" voting mutants. Howzit going for you?

I heard on LBC this morning that the NHS was having difficulty in sourcing some medicines, allegedly due to Brexit and its effect on the medicines trade.

I set off this afternoon to pick up a relative's repeat prescription. It's for medicine he's been taking for over a decade and helps him manage a long term condition AND allows him to work with relative confidence.  Boots, hardly a Micky Mouse organisation, haven't been able to source his tablets in his dosage for ages and their stock is apparently exhausted. I found another pharmacist who could only provide tablets at twice the dosage which my relative will have to cut in half. According to our GP surgery, shortages are affecting other medicines too.

There is not a boot big enough to kick the genitals of the men and women who not only promoted Brexit but also voted for it.

Rant over. Meantime.

Tag him next time ye shitebag...

@Granny Danger

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Spain will be joining France to try and change the 90 day rule for UK residents.

Spain in particular has seen a dramatic decrease in UK nationals owning homes and September saw a 23% year on year decrease in property prices.

Not just the UK suffering from Brexit it would seem.

Edited by strichener