Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

43 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

That's a very narrow view of the Eurozone crisis. I wasn't referring to that one, singular, individual bailout but the bailout of Portugal and Ireland and the fact that whilst we are in the EU we get wrung dry for all their f**k ups and have to negotiate ourselves OUT of such deals against the backdrop of all the negativity and vitriol from EU autocrats.

By Leaving we have control over our finances and can decide for ourselves who to bail out or not bail out.

So you're angry that the UK bailed out our nearest neighbour and England's, so by default the UK's oldest Ally in the world (in fact the oldest documented alliance in history)?  

57 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

So you're angry that the UK bailed out our nearest neighbour and England's, so by default the UK's oldest Ally in the world (in fact the oldest documented alliance in history)?  

Tell that arsehole that in 2011 the EU agreed to exempt us from any Euro bailouts in the future.  I've got him on iggy.

2 hours ago, McSpreader said:

That's a very narrow view of the Eurozone crisis. I wasn't referring to that one, singular, individual bailout but the bailout of Portugal and Ireland and the fact that whilst we are in the EU we get wrung dry for all their f**k ups and have to negotiate ourselves OUT of such deals against the backdrop of all the negativity and vitriol from EU autocrats.

By Leaving we have control over our finances and can decide for ourselves who to bail out or not bail out.

If only we hadn't joined the EU we would never have had to pay out for the banking crisis.

11 hours ago, Shades75 said:

It's really weird how a Woman who's been dead for twenty years can help to sell a newspaper because she was keen on handbags.

Never mind handbags.  Some magazines sell twice as many copies when she is on the cover.
What's her view on combined harvesters or dual speed vacuum cleaners?
Who cares - put her on the cover and make up a story.

Seems to me that the passport "chaos" has ocurred because certain EU Member States (Ok, I'm looking at Spain in particular here) have actually bothered to implement border controls properly rather than just waving non-schengen EEA passengers through with only a quick look at their passports. Dreadful that security is taken seriously etc. 

Oh, and it's the school holidays - this happens every year (and is happening in the UK as well). 

Edited by Michael W

6 hours ago, McSpreader said:

We would have bailed out Ireland even if we weren't part of the EU. You clearly do not understand how international finance works. We bailed out Ireland for the same reasons that the US bailed us out.

20 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

CnT9e9tW8AAJyhz.jpg

The impossible dream:  What voters expected to happen after Brexit 14 Jul 2016.

It's an impossible dream that Corbyn still appears to believe in.  The third column (no pun intended) is the embodiment of his 'jobs friendly Brexit' aspiration.

You may say that he's a dreamer.  And you'd be right.

This. Bloody funny too.

http://newsthump.com/2017/08/02/tighter-border-controls-should-not-apply-when-im-going-on-holiday-insists-angry-brexiter/

:lol:

EU man, Donald Tusk, said, “These queues are a mere trifle to the seemingly endless human centipede Mr Williams will endure every August once the UK has left the EU. Speedy boarding or no fucking speedy boarding.”

But Williams hit back, adding, “It’s an outrage. We could have been enjoying a full English down the St George pub in Mallorca by now.”

49 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It's an impossible dream that Corbyn still appears to believe in.  The third column (no pun intended) is the embodiment of his 'jobs friendly Brexit' aspiration.

You may say that he's a dreamer.  And you'd be right.

This is why, despite everything, I'm quite sad that Clegg was jettisoned at the election. He was one of the few high profile MPs who wasn't afraid to speak some sense about it all.

Meanwhile, I see that the Tories and the right-wing press have shifted from, "Everything will be fantastic," to, "We all need to be patriotic and pull together during these difficult times."  They shouldn't be allowed to slink out of their previous statements, that the whole thing would be a piece of cake, so easily:

DF_kdfHWAAAnqXk.jpg

DGAque5XgAAbsaK.jpg

DGAq6spXgAIQmG7.jpg

Was reading today that some people are arguing that leaving the EU and leaving the EEA are two separate issues in procedural terms and that it might be possible for a backbench revolt to force a soft Brexit by voting for an amendment to stay in the EEA, when this all comes to a vote in the House of Commons. I guess that's a straw to clutch at this point.

http://www.businessinsider.com/mps-plotting-to-keep-britain-in-the-eea-and-block-a-cliff-edge-brexit-2017-8

17 hours ago, AUFC90 said:

We would have bailed out Ireland even if we weren't part of the EU. You clearly do not understand how international finance works. We bailed out Ireland for the same reasons that the US bailed us out.

Well I clearly do as I said we would be in control of our own finances and could choose to bail out who we want on whatever terms we chose to agree on..

Funny how you left that part of my post out of your analysis......

23 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

How on Earth can that statement be misconstrued as angry? That says more about your state of mind tbh.

Our nearest neighbour is France. Neither Ireland nor France is by default our oldest ally. More likely to be our oldest enemy , but that isn't at all relevant to the point at hand.

In the modern era both Ireland ( and France.....just!) are allies and important trading partners and we would almost certainly have come to Ireland's aid.

We would have done so on our terms, as an ally and not have have to be told what to do be EU autocrats. Much prefer the independent, sovereign approach myself.