Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

You are right.  As long as she says "We are leaving the EU" every two minutes nobody is paying attention to whatever else she is saying.

It is aimed at people who know the chorus to a song but not a single word of the verse.

Yup.  And a compliant media will tell them what they want to hear.  The UK is through the looking glass.

23 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

You are right.  As long as she says "We are leaving the EU" every two minutes nobody is paying attention to whatever else she is saying.

It is aimed at people who know the chorus to a song but not a single word of the verse.

Never heard that expression before; it’s very good.

13 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

Are you quoting Big Arlene or Colonel tRuthless?

:)

It's utterly embarrassing that Col Ruth gets to spout basically that pish and 25% of the populace will vote for her - then again the 'Scots' media basically don't question when her and Fluffy are missing and then next story will be about how the SNP advised people not to travel, but somehow folk got stuck and the SNP must answer why the same people who were told don't travel but still did, yet get the blame.

The SNP are not perfect, and I'm not a blind fanboy although I do usually vote for them ; but ffs, the game is a bogey in Jockland with the media.

Edited by Kejan

3 minutes ago, Kejan said:

:)

It's utterly embarrassing that Col Ruth gets to spout basically that pish and 25% of the populace will vote for her - then again the 'Scots' media basically don't question when her and Fluffy are missing and then next story will be about how the SNP advised people not to travel, but somehow folk got stuck and the SNP must answer why the same people who were told don't travel but still did, yet get the blame.

The SNP are not perfect, and I'm not a blind fanboy although I do usually vote for them ; but ffs, the game is a bogey in Jockland with the media.

The media’s bread and butter is sowing tribalism and division. The fact that the majority of popular (and I use the term loosely) rags are ardently opposed to Scottish sovereignty only means that they’ll portray independence supporters as subversive thugs, whilst decrying “division” at the same time.

On 5 live a wee while ago Humza Yousef was on talking about receiving over 60 emails from folk being docked wages or threatened with disciplinary action by their employers for not making it in to work because of the snow. He told the Irish Tory bigot Nolan that he would like to take action against the employers, but couldn't as it is reserved to Westminster, but on the news at 11.30 the Scottish government is threatening to sanction employers for taking action against their employees. Joe Goebbels would be so proud of the bbc.

5 minutes ago, Antlion said:

The media’s bread and butter is sowing tribalism and division. The fact that the majority of popular (and I use the term loosely) rags are ardently opposed to Scottish sovereignty only means that they’ll portray independence supporters as subversive thugs, whilst decrying “division” at the same time.

I was initially gutted about the result and very bitter about it e.g disband the notion of Scotland especially the rugby team, etc ; but the more you look back at it and considering that last week before the referendum media hoolah, its quite amazing that Yes got 45% - it pretty much was a grassroots movement. We were basically told  : you will be on your own, no one will do business with you, you won't be able to use the pound, you'll be outside the EU ; and a bawhair of us almost got us over the line.

I'm very confused though if we can actually win a second referendum, I will certainly get off my arse though and do something though if/when there is a second referendum.  The SNP romp home in 2015 then the 2017 result whilst still delivered most SNP seats - lots lost in the heartlands along with razor-thin majorities (that works on both sides I suppose as the SNP could potentially win them back in the next one, and losing the likes of Weir, Salmond, Robertson).

1 hour ago, bob the tank said:

On 5 live a wee while ago Humza Yousef was on talking about receiving over 60 emails from folk being docked wages or threatened with disciplinary action by their employers for not making it in to work because of the snow. He told the Irish Tory bigot Nolan that he would like to take action against the employers, but couldn't as it is reserved to Westminster, but on the news at 11.30 the Scottish government is threatening to sanction employers for taking action against their employees. Joe Goebbels would be so proud of the bbc.

As usual I'm defending the BBC with a clip. Don't see any bias.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-43272396

As usual I'm defending the BBC with a clip. Don't see any bias.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-43272396

I'll not even listen to that. Unless you are being flippant, there is no way you can seriously defend the lies and slurs put out against the SNP on behalf of the yoon parties and our united kingdom's by the bbc.

35 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

I'll not even listen to that. Unless you are being flippant, there is no way you can seriously defend the lies and slurs put out against the SNP on behalf of the yoon parties and our united kingdom's by the bbc.

It's just Humza Yousaf explaining his position.  If you're going to cover your ears, what's the point? If you're not going to provide any evidence of recent BBC bias I'll ignore you too. There was clear bias/ignorance leading up to the indyref, but I haven't noticed it since, but I'd happily concede if you can prove me wrong, ie the BBC covering a story in a more anti SNP style than any other media body, other than the National.

Edited by welshbairn