Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'd happily concede if you can prove me wrong, ie the BBC covering a story in a more anti SNP style than any other media body, other than the National.

Erm yes, because the rest of the Scottish MSM represents a neutral point on the political bias scale. :1eye

Edited by vikingTON

It's just Humza Yousaf explaining his position.  If you're going to cover your ears, what's the point? If you're not going to provide any evidence of recent BBC bias I'll ignore you too. There was clear bias/ignorance leading up to the indyref, but I haven't noticed it since, but I'd happily concede if you can prove me wrong, ie the BBC covering a story in a more anti SNP style than any other media body, other than the National.

Are you actually being serious? There have been two complaints submitted to your precious BBC today about their anti SNP bias, and that was just on programmes since Thursday.

1. Union Jackie lies about the first minister attacking hgv drivers at FMQ's on disreporting Scotland.

2. Future Sir Gordon Brewer letting Colonel tRuthless lie her arse off on Sunday politics, and use the term SNP ministers in association with a negative context as usual. He even gave her leading questions to enable her attack on the SNP

If you need any more examples just watch disreporting tonight and then report your findings back here later. I'll watch it too and we can compare notes. Fair enough ?

22 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

Are you actually being serious? There have been two complaints submitted to your precious BBC today about their anti SNP bias, and that was just on programmes since Thursday.

1. Union Jackie lies about the first minister attacking hgv drivers at FMQ's on disreporting Scotland.

2. Future Sir Gordon Brewer letting Colonel tRuthless lie her arse off on Sunday politics, and use the term SNP ministers in association with a negative context as usual. He even gave her leading questions to enable her attack on the SNP

If you need any more examples just watch disreporting tonight and then report your findings back here later. I'll watch it too and we can compare notes. Fair enough ?

Fair enough. We should watch the STV news too as a reference point.

12 hours ago, welshbairn said:

As usual I'm defending the BBC with a clip. Don't see any bias.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-43272396

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It's just Humza Yousaf explaining his position.  If you're going to cover your ears, what's the point? If you're not going to provide any evidence of recent BBC bias I'll ignore you too. There was clear bias/ignorance leading up to the indyref, but I haven't noticed it since, but I'd happily concede if you can prove me wrong, ie the BBC covering a story in a more anti SNP style than any other media body, other than the National.

Surely you're on the wind up

2 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

I mean the BBC in general, every single day they're at it, every day without fail. And that article neglects to mention employment law is reserved, a rather important fact.

Yousaf himself said in the interview that he wasn't sure about his legal powers and they were going to look into it. The governing party is always going to be under greater scrutiny than the opposition, the claimed victimhood by some SNP supporters is near Sevco levels of paranoia. 

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Yousaf himself said in the interview that he wasn't sure about his legal powers and they were going to look into it. The governing party is always going to be under greater scrutiny than the opposition, the claimed victimhood by some SNP supporters is near Sevco levels of paranoia. 

Ok then.  

Yeah imagine thinking the British government owned state broadcaster is opposed to Scottish independence.  Total tinfoil hat material.

I mean it's not as if the Scottish political editor is the daughter of the labour party leader or anything.  We're clearly idiots.

Edited by Peppino Impastato

3 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Aye but Micheal Gove said we would hold all the cards after we vote to leave

Yeah negotiating everything was going to be a doddle according to the Leave camp.

I can recall Theresa Villiers saying the Irish border was going to be "straight forward" too.

Hey Welshbairn, we picked a bad night, as that was the most even handed disreporting for months, in fact I was stunned when during the salmon farming article it was quoted as Scotland and the UK's biggest food export, as usually the Scotland bit isn't mentioned, like in the Shetland piece last week.

37 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

Hey Welshbairn, we picked a bad night, as that was the most even handed disreporting for months, in fact I was stunned when during the salmon farming article it was quoted as Scotland and the UK's biggest food export, as usually the Scotland bit isn't mentioned, like in the Shetland piece last week.

No worries, couldn't watch it live and am glad to not have to watch it on catch up. Next time something comes up that you think shows anti SNP bias give me a shout.