Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

23 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Fox trotting out the "will of the people" pish again instead of addressing the actual point.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-parliament-fox/liam-fox-says-unelected-peers-trying-to-block-the-peoples-will-over-brexit-idUKKBN1I22ZR

If we're leaving and that's it, why are we even bothering negotiating? The will of the people is to leave just leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111!!!!!!

"That's it.  We're leaving.  We're gone.  We're out of here.  And don't expect us to come back.  No that's it, we leaving.  In fact we are going now.  Had enough.  We are leaving.  Good bye.  Oh and another thing .."

25 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

No customs union is the decision of the brexit cabinet meeting today

Was a "customs partnership" ruled out too? If so it means a hard brexit imo, and countless billions on border checks.

On 01/05/2018 at 18:22, ICTJohnboy said:

He never ever acknowledges that the will of the Scottish people was to remain

Obviously now happy to completely disregard his roots.

Unfortunately it was the will of the Scottish people to remain a small part of the union so we have to accept the will of all the people in that union.

It's our own fault basically.

Amber Rudd being replaced by Sajid Javid has swung the ministerial arthimetic against the ‘customs partership’ proposals then. We’re a step closer to a no deal scenario.

2 year’s in and they still can’t even agree on a position on this. What a fucking joke they all are. 

Amber Rudd being replaced by Sajid Javid has swung the ministerial arthimetic against the ‘customs partership’ proposals then. We’re a step closer to a no deal scenario.
2 year’s in and they still can’t even agree on a position on this. What a fucking joke they all are. 

Ministers arithmetic means f**k all, parliament will vote down any deviation from customs partnership. New government incoming.

56 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

I don't know how, as the Brexit sub committee is made up of 7 remainers and 4 leavers

9 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

I don't know how, as the Brexit sub committee is made up of 7 remainers and 4 leavers

6-5 the other way according to this. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/may/03/both-options-on-future-customs-relationship-remain-alive-says-davis-eu-brexit

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Ministers arithmetic means f**k all, parliament will vote down any deviation from customs partnership. New government incoming.

Henry Viii could throw a spanner in your works there I’m afraid.

Leaving the EU after the transition period with a no-deal would absolutely catastrophic and even if we did, there will still be a two year period to put pressure on the Tories, or even better, get them out 

There will be no transition period if there is no deal

13 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Unfortunately it was the will of the Scottish people to remain a small part of the union so we have to accept the will of all the people in that union.

It's our own fault basically.

Much as I hate to quote the Daily Mail, or Mail Online, I do happen to agree with much of the gist of this article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2753400/Revealed-How-half-million-English-voters-living-Scotland-set-block-independence.html

Edited by ICTJohnboy

12 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Much as I hate to quote the Daily Mail, or Mail Online, I do happen to agree with much of the gist of this article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2753400/Revealed-How-half-million-English-voters-living-Scotland-set-block-independence.html

Is that just a wee bit racist? We welcome all immigrants except the fucking English who vote to keep the Union. 

:P