Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

A combination of various places, this place is an echo chamber for pro Independence chat as anything else gets chased away. 

Tbf the stuff that's chased away is the absolute drivel involving memes made by 4 year olds and wee Nippy/Krankie patter. There's a couple of pro-Union guys who don't get ignored/ridiculed because they post stuff that's actually worth responding to.

Pro-tip: "That Mhairi Black is an ugly wee bruiser, eh" and "4chan thesaurus - 2013 edition" aren't likely to elicit great responses.

5 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Tbf the stuff that's chased away is the absolute drivel involving memes made by 4 year olds and wee Nippy/Krankie patter. There's a couple of pro-Union guys who don't get ignored/ridiculed because they post stuff that's actually worth responding to.

Pro-tip: "That Mhairi Black is an ugly wee bruiser, eh" and "4chan thesaurus - 2013 edition" aren't likely to elicit great responses.

From the Unionist side not from the Independence supporters side, that's where I get bored. I get it, I really do get it, there's a lot of dumb narrow-minded right wing Rangers types that blindly voted, I accept that. Their equivalent exist and thrive here though and there's nobody calling them out from what I've seen. The sensible supporters of independence (seemingly yourself) can deride the Brexiteers all day but won't comment on the ridiculous xenophobic posts by Remainers/Yes voters. I've posted one thing and had multiple people all trying to take a shot at the champ, one's already called me a *** (I'm not offended just commenting) but you just know the second I would say something remotely out of step then the full force of the circle jerk would ejaculate me from the forum.  Again, I don't really care i'm just aware that's the status quo here and it would do some people well to acknowledge that sort of thing to avoid themselves embarrassment in the offline world when they repeat what their favourite poster has said on here. 

(I'm still using the 2010 edition) 

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

From the Unionist side not from the Independence supporters side, that's where I get bored. I get it, I really do get it, there's a lot of dumb narrow-minded right wing Rangers types that blindly voted, I accept that. Their equivalent exist and thrive here though and there's nobody calling them out from what I've seen. The sensible supporters of independence (seemingly yourself) can deride the Brexiteers all day but won't comment on the ridiculous xenophobic posts by Remainers/Yes voters. I've posted one thing and had multiple people all trying to take a shot at the champ, one's already called me a *** (I'm not offended just commenting) but you just know the second I would say something remotely out of step then the full force of the circle jerk would ejaculate me from the forum.  Again, I don't really care i'm just aware that's the status quo here and it would do some people well to acknowledge that sort of thing to avoid themselves embarrassment in the offline world when they repeat what their favourite poster has said on here. 

(I'm still using the 2010 edition) 

The only person I've got on ignore on the entire site is the most rabid dribble lip Yesser. If I don't call him out it's because I don't read the semi-coherent diarrhea he farts out on a daily basis. Perhaps others are the same. I'm not saying it's not a pro-independence discussion in the main, but if you filter out and ignore the cretins on both sides there's plenty of decent discussion and chuckles to be had.

15 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Why?  Why is the Union good for Scotland, in your honest opinion.

Well firstly, i'm English so I don't come from a purely "what's best for Scotland" perspective. Secondly, I believe that we're better together and will believe so until convinced otherwise, the onus is on the side going for Independence to convince the rest, the last campaign did not convince me, i'm not a big fan of nationalism generally speaking and I've experienced a lot of negativity from growing up English in Scotland, i'd hate for that to be more common place which unfortunately I do see being the case the more the SNP stoke divisions. Economically, living standards, ease of transport, defense and various other areas I don't have the time to go into are all handled better within the union we currently abide rather than they would in an independent Scotland. I'm not against Scotland being independent if the majority wanted it but I think it's at a stage where they don't and it's very underhanded the way in which Nicola tries to spin "Remain" votes as "Yes" votes. Lastly I don't like the SNP at all, I could happily vote for Scottish Independence if I believed it be for the better but I can't sincerely see myself ever trusting the SNP specifically or voting for them. I'm at work right now and don't have the time to properly give you a good answer but that's what I've got right now, I appreciate you asking the question even if it's insincere.  If this reply doesn't receive at least 3 red dots and a gif then i'll be stunned and disappointed. 

11 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Well firstly, i'm English so I don't come from a purely "what's best for Scotland" perspective. Secondly, I believe that we're better together and will believe so until convinced otherwise, the onus is on the side going for Independence to convince the rest, the last campaign did not convince me, i'm not a big fan of nationalism generally speaking and I've experienced a lot of negativity from growing up English in Scotland, i'd hate for that to be more common place which unfortunately I do see being the case the more the SNP stoke divisions. Economically, living standards, ease of transport, defense and various other areas I don't have the time to go into are all handled better within the union we currently abide rather than they would in an independent Scotland. I'm not against Scotland being independent if the majority wanted it but I think it's at a stage where they don't and it's very underhanded the way in which Nicola tries to spin "Remain" votes as "Yes" votes. Lastly I don't like the SNP at all, I could happily vote for Scottish Independence if I believed it be for the better but I can't sincerely see myself ever trusting the SNP specifically or voting for them. I'm at work right now and don't have the time to properly give you a good answer but that's what I've got right now, I appreciate you asking the question even if it's insincere.  If this reply doesn't receive at least 3 red dots and a gif then i'll be stunned and disappointed. 

image_400x400.jpg

image_400x400.jpg

image_400x400.jpg

8 years of an horrific and highly damaging Tory Government and the thing that causes offence is a few MPs walking out of Parliament because it's not pwoper and befitting an English gentleman.

Anybody that is offended should be embarrassed- the SNP were being laughed out the house.

What a fantastic post. Unfortunately the militant Nats will come probably come back with some Sevco-related nonsense.

The silent majority generally have intelligent, rational reasons such as these for voting No. Until the Yes side have clearly explained beyond doubt how we’d be better independent, we’ll just all need to be classed as servile shitebags. Over to you Wee Nicky.

Well firstly, i'm English so I don't come from a purely "what's best for Scotland" perspective.

Yet you mock the SNP and their supporters for wanting exactly that - the best for their country. Wee bit daft.

Secondly, I believe that we're better together and will believe so until convinced otherwise, the onus is on the side going for Independence to convince the rest, the last campaign did not convince me

What didn’t convince you about it? Would you say you feel more or less convinced in the past 3 and a half years following the campaign?

i'm not a big fan of nationalism generally speaking and I've experienced a lot of negativity from growing up English in Scotland, i'd hate for that to be more common place which unfortunately I do see being the case the more the SNP stoke divisions.

But you’re a fan of British Nationalism, right?

The SNP aren’t stoking divisions between Scots and English - that’s a really childish view to take. I’m pro independence and I don’t hate English people. I’ve got friends who are English. I simply want the best for my country and I definitely think independence is the way forward.

Economically, living standards, ease of transport, defense and various other areas I don't have the time to go into are all handled better within the union we currently abide rather than they would in an independent Scotland.

Back this up with solid evidence please.

I'm not against Scotland being independent if the majority wanted it

What, so you’re a sheep?

but I think it's at a stage where they don't and it's very underhanded the way in which Nicola tries to spin "Remain" votes as "Yes" votes.

She doesn’t and she hasn’t. You made that one up. What you mean is, lots of remainers who voted No in 2014 have had a change of heart after Brexit.

Lastly I don't like the SNP at all, I could happily vote for Scottish Independence if I believed it be for the better but I can't sincerely see myself ever trusting the SNP specifically or voting for them.

Scottish Independence is a movement that is far far bigger than the SNP. If Scotland were to become independent the Scottish NATIONAL Party would have achieved their goal. A lot of Yes voters would not continue to vote for them but perhaps vote the likes of Greens instead. A Yes vote isn’t for the SNP, it’s for independence. Two totally different things.

I'm at work right now and don't have the time to properly give you a good answer but that's what I've got right now, I appreciate you asking the question even if it's insincere.  If this reply doesn't receive at least 3 red dots and a gif then i'll be stunned and disappointed. 

If I could from my phone I would red dot you for that last sentence.

Decent enough post & at least able to put your opinion across, falls off badly at the end with the SNPbad stuff, the SNP would IMO (in my opinion) splinter in the event of a positive vote for Indy.
Understand that you are at work & unable to properly participate in a debate at the moment.
Welcome to the politics forum.

23 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Well firstly, i'm English so I don't come from a purely "what's best for Scotland" perspective. Secondly, I believe that we're better together and will believe so until convinced otherwise, the onus is on the side going for Independence to convince the rest, the last campaign did not convince me, i'm not a big fan of nationalism generally speaking and I've experienced a lot of negativity from growing up English in Scotland, i'd hate for that to be more common place which unfortunately I do see being the case the more the SNP stoke divisions. 

You're not a fan of nationalism, but you would be more than happy to see the UK independent from the EU? 

13 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Stop being obtuse if you want to be taken seriously.

Scottish independence isn't and never was solely an SNP policy.
I am critical of the SNP, I am not nationalistic and I am more conservative than most on here yet I am pro-Independence.

Apart from some scare stories there's no proof that Scotland would be worse off outside of the Union. We have the infrastructure so we can do it.

What a fantastic post. Unfortunately the militant Nats will come probably come back with some Sevco-related nonsense.

The silent majority generally have intelligent, rational reasons such as these for voting No. Until the Yes side have clearly explained beyond doubt how we’d be better independent, we’ll just all need to be classed as servile shitebags. Over to you Wee Nicky.

You are an embarrassment & exactly the reason that@Stormzy feels he’s getting a hard time on here.
You have nothing coherent to add to the debate, so why bother?
You seem like a troll, if you are really interested, why not argue your corner instead of coming across as a complete idiot.
At least Philyerboots has pretty pictures in his contribution.
The “echo chamber” is created by people like you- kindly f**k off.

You are an embarrassment & exactly the reason that[mention=58552]Stormzy[/mention] feels he’s getting a hard time on here.
You have nothing coherent to add to the debate, so why bother?
You seem like a troll, if you are really interested, why not argue your corner instead of coming across as a complete idiot.
At least Philyerboots has pretty pictures in his contribution.
The “echo chamber” is created by people like you- kindly f**k off.

I’d be interested in the link between my posts and Stormzy getting a hard time please. Yet more rubbish whenever the Unionists come up with intelligent reasoning.

Anyway, Alex Massie’s piece in The Spectator this afternoon following the SNP walkout is well worth a read. Hits the nail on the head.