Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

8 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Mundell is playing to his base; yes even cretins like him have a base.

They are the equally decrepit morons who hark back to a “better’ time that never existed in reality but whose centre was the British Empire and in turn the Union.  We were respected then you know; being British was something to be proud of; etc. etc.

Maybe it’s what Mundellclings to: “I’m British. Someone must respect me”. It makes it easier to prance around in a gimp suit singing Donna Summers’ “Bad Girls” whenever the big English boys in the cabinet order him to for their revelry.

I can't decide who I dislike more - Mundell, Hair or Thomson. All utter reprobates with zero redeeming qualities. I can see why Mundell was voted in but Hair and Thomson were just bizarre choices by the electorate.

11 hours ago, RiG said:

Another Tory who would wants to take us off the cliff.

Wee weasel freak. 

Some journalists had the audacity to say the intake of 'Scottish' Tories last year were a different group, and were going to vote as a block group/in Scotland's interest. 

A load of auld shite. They're just the diet Coke version of the DUP. 

37 minutes ago, RiG said:

I can't decide who I dislike more - Mundell, Hair or Thomson. All utter reprobates with zero redeeming qualities. I can see why Mundell was voted in but Hair and Thomson were just bizarre choices by the electorate.

A very tough decision, but Hair edges it  and if it it makes you feel better, most of the fermers are feeling the pinch of Brexit already with no one picking their crops. 

Jeremy Corbyn to highlight economic 'benefit' of Brexit as he demands UK stop relying on imports made by 'cheap labour from abroad'

Labour leader will say plummeting pound can help manufacturers 'build things here again that for too long have been built abroad', in speech that will prompt comparisons with Donald Trump's 'America first' approach

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/url-jeremy-corbyn-brexit-economic-labour-party-cheap-labour-migrants-eu-a8460696.html?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1532390977

We're fucked.

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Jeremy Corbyn to highlight economic 'benefit' of Brexit as he demands UK stop relying on imports made by 'cheap labour from abroad'

Labour leader will say plummeting pound can help manufacturers 'build things here again that for too long have been built abroad', in speech that will prompt comparisons with Donald Trump's 'America first' approach

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/url-jeremy-corbyn-brexit-economic-labour-party-cheap-labour-migrants-eu-a8460696.html?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1532390977

We're fucked.

Good for him that he's finally able to self identify as the Brexiteer he always has been, though.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

I think you overestimate how much attention the average person pays to the individual they're electing in their constituency as opposed to the party they represent.

FWIW, it's Thomson I dislike the most. Guys a complete moron.

2 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

I think you overestimate how much attention the average person pays to the individual they're electing in their constituency as opposed to the party they represent.

FWIW, it's Thomson I dislike the most. Guys a complete moron.

Big chin guy? My MP. :(

Not my fault though. I never voted for him. 

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

This might be good news in the event of a second referendum or further election.

Personally I think it’s completely wrong that ex-pats who live abroad full time should have the right to vote; different if it’s part of the year.

However if they’ve retained British nationality they do have that right and will definitely vote in their own interests if there’s another referendum or a GE.

This might be good news in the event of a second referendum or further election.
Personally I think it’s completely wrong that ex-pats who live abroad full time should have the right to vote; different if it’s part of the year.
However if they’ve retained British nationality they do have that right and will definitely vote in their own interests if there’s another referendum or a GE.

There will be no second referendum. Best we can hope for is a GE. Although Corbyn is pushing brexit too. We're leaving, you need to get used to that.

5 hours ago, renton said:

Good for him that he's finally able to self identify as the Brexiteer he always has been, though.

He's pointing out some fairly basic problems with market logic though. It makes sense for a corporation to outsource to get the cheapest deal but it makes no sense for a government. The benefits of investment go well beyond the actual purchase of passports, ships, trains or whatever. 

Gaining greater control over capital flows is one of the most necessary steps to breaking out of the debt/austerity we find ourselves in.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

None of the articles reporting this story explain why it may be illegal for the government to put money into a bank account.

If anyone has any doubts about the nature of the EU they only need to watch the news reports coming out of Greece tonight.

The Greek fire service has had it's budget cut every year for 8 years due to EU imposed austerity. People are burning to death because bankers' profits are more important than people.