Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

46 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
51 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
Spoke to the MD of one of our suppliers yesterday; quite a big local company.
He claims that he has spoken to a number of his suppliers and customers and the universal view is that Brexit is going to be “an unmitigated disaster”.  He says that is the view of those who previously thought Brexit could be good for the economy.
I don’t think corporations should be running the country, at the same time I am astounded that the CBI and specific industry groups have not been more vocal about the problems this will cause.

Democracy GD, Democracy

There is nothing undemocratic about any individual or group pointing out to the government and the Brexit hawks what the implications of a course of action might be.

There are people out there who genuinely have no idea how business works; that is not a criticism of them it is simply an observation.

Such folk appear to think we can start producing things that we currently import almost instantaneously.  That is so far removed from reality it is frightening.

I have a question.

Hypothetically, if you had a few quid and were unsure what to do with it, whats the way to make money off this clusterfuck?

Shorting the pound by buying Euros now seems obvious but a bit of a gamble... People are going to win out of Brexit, but how?

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I have a question.

Hypothetically, if you had a few quid and were unsure what to do with it, whats the way to make money off this clusterfuck?

Shorting the pound by buying Euros now seems obvious but a bit of a gamble... People are going to win out of Brexit, but how?

US Dollars might be the way to go. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:
US Dollars might be the way to go. 

In terms of forecasting a bigger drop against the dollar than the Euro?

I'd expect the Euro would become comparatively weaker in the event of no deal too. It'll be a clusterfuck for the Eurozone too, remember. Just not as big as ours. To be safe I'd split any foreign currency buys between the two.

I'd expect the Euro would become comparatively weaker in the event of no deal too. It'll be a clusterfuck for the Eurozone too, remember. Just not as big as ours. To be safe I'd split any foreign currency buys between the two.
But in general terms, banking on the pound falling on its arse would be the way that people intend to cash in on the disastrous situation?

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

But in general terms, banking on the pound falling on its arse would be the way that people intend to cash in on the disastrous situation?

Yep. It's not as simple as just buying currency, right enough. That's just the easiest way for us plebs to do it.

https://www.standard.co.uk/business/business-focus-the-billionaire-hedge-fund-winners-who-braved-the-brexit-rollercoaster-a3284101.html

Jacob Rees Mogg's pal and business partner, BTW.

6 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Northern Rock shares, guys. Get them bought.

Not exactly, unless you think there is a possibility that USDs and Euros could become worthless?

50 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Northern Rock shares, guys. Get them bought.

42 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Not exactly, unless you think there is a possibility that USDs and Euros could become worthless?

And whoooosh...

2 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

He's a fucking useless shite that boy.

I probably defend Corbyn more than most non-Labour voters on here but that is indefensible.

Any Labour Party members or voters watching that must be mortified.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I have a question.

Invest in chlorine and chicken stocks

I just read a bit about chlorine washing. Doesnt seem too much wrong with the process itself tbh. Its more what goes along with it, and the shitty living standards of the animals that neccesitate it. The yanks really are fucking scum arent they.