Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

It now seems we have two options:
1. The Chequers "Agreement"
or
2. No deal - crash out on WTO.
This should never have been the case.
The negotiations should have been cross- party and it shouldn't have taken 18 months to come up with a position/proposal.
3rd option.. indefinite extension to Article 50

3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
4 minutes ago, zidane said:
or
The negotiations should have been cross- party and it shouldn't have taken 18 months to come up with a position/proposal.

3rd option.. indefinite extension to Article 50

It'll be a likely option but I don't know what it will lead to or if it will actually change anything.

7 hours ago, zidane's child said:

or

The first option is not an option that the EU will accept.  The first option was never an option that the EU would accept.  They have said this repeatedly and consistently from day 1.

8 hours ago, zidane's child said:

or

Labour are quite happy for the Tories to own Brexit.

However, if Labour won a general election, they would then own Brexit and it would dominate their agenda and prevent them doing any of the wonderful things that Corbyn would like to do.
I wonder when the penny is going to drop.

16 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Labour are quite happy for the Tories to own Brexit.

However, if Labour won a general election, they would then own Brexit and it would dominate their agenda and prevent them doing any of the wonderful things that Corbyn would like to do.
I wonder when the penny is going to drop.

It's an election everyone would be trying their best to chuck. And god knows the Tories did their best last time round. 

When Hammond is quoting 80 billion of extra borrowing just to keep things from completely falling down the toilet when the inevitable no-deal exit comes who wants to be left holding the baby? 

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The first option is not an option that the EU will accept.  The first option was never an option that the EU would accept.  They have said this repeatedly and consistently from day 1.

It looks like it might be happening though. The Times are reporting that Macron is pushing for Chequers.

Bankers' stooge to the rescue!

13 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Panasonic are moving out...

Other Japanese companies including MUFG, Nomura Holdings, Daiwa Securities and Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group are also planning to move to the EU.

22 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Oh dear, you do realise the jobs they create also allows tax intake, less welfare and reduction in social care issues etc etc. UK loses all that as well as the legal corporation tax they pay.

Of course we could just nationalise everything

I was talking about Gib.

7 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Good.

The batteries they produce - AA, AAA and rechargeable are crap. Don't last any time at all.

Just wait until you're paying the post Brexit quadruple the price for them.. 

I’m surprised that folk are reading so much into Macron’s comments.

He has said as part of his comments that the integrity of the EU must remain, so there’s not a snowball’s chance in hell that May’s Chequers plan will be accepted.

I’m surprised that folk are reading so much into Macron’s comments.
He has said as part of his comments that the integrity of the EU must remain, so there’s not a snowball’s chance in hell that May’s Chequers plan will be accepted.

Sensible people aren't. Brexiters clutching at "they'll blink" first straws and hacks who've never bothered to understand the EU but just put a union jack on things and do a WW2 comparison.

"These egg tariffs remind me of the war when we had powdered eggs and no uppity brown folk" and so on.