Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

We will take back full control of our money which we will be able to spend on our priorities such as the NHS. We will leave EU regional funding programmes – with the UK deciding how we spend this money in the future.

I bet all those regions will be delighted now they'll be getting absolutely heehaw off the Westminster government now.

Edited by Comrie

8 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The idea that she should get ANY credit for working hard for a really bad deal is undoubtedly the stupidest argument doing the rounds at this stage; it’s sad to see it being repeated on here.

I agree it is a bad deal - no matter which side you are on - but I suspect she is winning the media over with the effort she is putting into this. She can hardly be accused of being a shirker unlike JC.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s interesting that May is trying to bypass MPs and appeal directly to ‘the people’, yet she is unwilling to give these same people a vote.

I think she will fail because the loudest voices will be those of the Gammon persuasion and I think they know what a shit deal this is.

To me this is very reminiscent of Gordon Brown appealing directly to the people of Scotland immediately prior to the Indyref.

Some would argue that his intervention had an effect on the outcome as the polls had both camps virtually neck and neck - it didn't affect me -  my mind was already made up, but I do wonder if many, or any were influenced by that intervention.

To me this is very reminiscent of Gordon Brown appealing directly to the people of Scotland immediately prior to the Indyref.
Some would argue that his intervention had an effect on the outcome as the polls had both camps virtually neck and neck - it didn't affect me -  my mind was already made up, but I do wonder if many, or any were influenced by that intervention.
Anyone was was influenced by that c**t should immediately be stripped of their vote.

Wasn't Brown instrumental in telling folk they'd lose their pension if they voted Yes?

To be fair given his track record I could understand folk thinking he meant it.

52 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I agree it is a bad deal - no matter which side you are on - but I suspect she is winning the media over with the effort she is putting into this. She can hardly be accused of being a shirker unlike JC.

Being a shirker wouldn't have got a deal much different from what we've negotiated.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

This is completely different.

Firstly the only sections of the media sympathetic to her are the ones who have been all along.  With the exception of the Daily Mail who changed their position with their editor which other media outlet has become more sympathetic?

Secondly it’s not the people who are taking the decision at this stage.  If May thinks that people are going to start contacting their MPs in droves asking them to vote for this shambles then she’s delusional.

10 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Being a shirker wouldn't have got a deal much different from what we've negotiated.

Giving David Davies a big pile of colouring in books to keep him busy in London leaving the civil servants to get on with it was key.

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

SNP need to be very careful with playing the Fishermen card. Very easy to throw it back in their faces.

No harm at all in constantly pointing out how utterly powerless the Scottish Tory MP's are, and their reeking hypocrisy in promising the earth to the fishermen of the north east before the last GE. 

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

The vox pops on this are infuriating.  The participants should be asked some simple questions to gauge whether they even understand what’s on offer before they get to offer a view.

Indeed.

Just look at all those who completely swallowed all the BS profered by Boris and his mates and voted Leave.

Oh no, wait a minute.....

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

The vox pops on this are infuriating.  The participants should be asked some simple questions to gauge whether they even understand what’s on offer before they get to offer a view.

"Did you know that Poles were jumping the queue in front of Pakistanis, and May will stop this?"