Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

5 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I’m talking about people academically qualified in a particular field.

5 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I’m talking about people academically qualified and employed in a particular field.

Thats some serious expertise they have qualified twice

I'm less concerned about the economic consequences than abandoning our political and diplomatic role in keeping a peaceful and cooperative Europe together, and acting as a serious counterweight to America, China and Russia.

Edited by welshbairn

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm less concerned about the economic consequences than abandoning our political and diplomatic role in keeping a peaceful and cooperative Europe together, and acting as a serious counterweight to America, China and Russia.

We're a nothing nowadays apart from lap dogs of the USA.

The only people who see Britain as a global power are the ones who still think we have an empire.

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

We're a nothing nowadays apart from lap dogs of the USA.

The only people who see Britain as a global power are the ones who still think we have an empire.

We'll be even more so out of the EU. Within the EU we've been able to undermine the US sanctions on Iran and try to keep the no nukes deal together, f**k all we could do on our own. 

Edited by welshbairn

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

We'll be even more so out of the EU. Within the EU we've been able to undermine the US sanctions on Iran and try to keep the no nukes deal together, f**k all we could do on our own. 

Totally agree, however I do wonder if there's any appetite from our esteemed leaders to have any sort of affinity with our European cousins as we seem to be bending over backwards to the Yanks, Saudis, Chinese and even the Russians if they have the right connections and the money in the bank.

That's what happens when you sell off all your assets and are basically controlled by foreign entities.

3 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

How do the good people of Northern Ireland view the fact that the Irish economy has largely boomed - particularly in Dublin - since the referendum?

Can't say I've heard it mentioned, tbh

15 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

C9D61B78-AAF6-4C1E-AB94-61BDB06E8262.jpeg.3a2d162ba54c52c700bfc310f8dbee45.jpeg

Saw this c**t getting interviewed earlier on TV.  What an obsequious little twat.  Asked if anyone was happy with the Brexit deal he responded “Yes, me”.

He looks like what happens when you throw out the baby and keep the afterbirth.

Reveal hidden contents

He’s ‘Rory’ Stewart MP a junior government minster.

He's one of my fúcking bosses, and far from the brightest ever to be allocated supervision of Prisons - even when you consider that in the last few years we've had to put up with (at various levels), Truss, Gove, Gimyah, Grayling and now Gauke. Not one constructive idea between the lot of them.

5 hours ago, Fullerene said:

He is another one of those ex-military turned Tory politicians that you are so fond of! ;)

He wrote a travel book called "The Places in Between" where he went to Northern Afghanistan and got to see things before the Taliban blew them up.

People are suggesting he now write a similar book about Southern Afghanistan.

His "military career" apparently involved nine months at Sandhurst before he bought himself out. Hardly Wellington or Montgomery material, then.

7 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

He's one of my fúcking bosses, and far from the brightest ever to be allocated supervision of Prisons - even when you consider that in the last few years we've had to put up with (at various levels), Truss, Gove, Gimyah, Grayling and now Gauke. Not one constructive idea between the lot of them.

Can't help that they are never in place long enough. Too busy with independence (from Europe) to be getting on with the day job.

Apparently Theresa May is “demanding” a televised debate with Corbyn over Brexit.

This is after Sturgeon suggested she would like such a debate with May.

I reckon May would not want to face Sturgeon in a TV debate.

36 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Apparently Theresa May is “demanding” a televised debate with Corbyn over Brexit.

Brexit has got nothing to do with Scotland.

More chance of Arlene Foster and a Gibraltar Barbary Macaque being asked on the debate.

Who do you reckon would make most sense?

It was my main point so maybe I should have highlighted it myself.

The only countries with any say in this shitstorm are England and Northern Ireland. We are irrelevant and ignored.

Gibraltar has come slightly more into focus recently.

Edited by Suspect Device

3 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

It was my main point so maybe I should have highlighted it myself.

The only countries with any say in this shitstorm are England and Northern Ireland. We are irrelevant and ignored.

Gibraltar has come slightly more into focus recently.

We've got 59 MPs who could be crucial to the eventual outcome.

58 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

One fucked up scenario. May was anti Brexit and Corbyn has always been pro-brexit. Any TV debate would involve someone who is against it arguing for it, versus someone who is for it arguing against it.

Presume May thinks that by forcing Corbyn into a debate over Brexit in particular that she can bring the strategy they tried to use against Labour in 2017. I have no idea how it would go other than May seems incapable of talking outside of prepared statements and Corbyn’s EU discussion on Sophie Ridge the other week was quite reasonable. Or at least the sound bite I heard was.