Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

This is either an argument for circling the drain with England forever or a serious effort to rebalance Scottish trade to be resilient to unstable neighbours.

One of those options sounds sensible to me.

The big argument for Brexit remain voters was that the EU is our biggest trading partner.

rUK are Scotland's biggest trading partner, by some distance.....awkward.

Scottish trade to be resilient against an unstable neighbour? You mean like the oil prices which put every SNP budget out by billions? That kind of stability?

1 hour ago, the jambo-rocker said:

I've read enough of it to know that you've either read the paper cover-to-cover before yourself and are cherry picking the data (with no reasoning to why the data is actually flawed) and using that one element to dismiss the entire paper, or you've immediately made it up, dismissed it and are therefore full of shite. Guess which one I'm siding towards?...

Oooh won't someone please think of the children! The general point being that the young kids will be informed about these issues from a neutral perspective and early on. I'm not saying it will solve the social aspect, but at least it's a solution offering something worthy of a shot compared to the status quo; because you've offered no real solution that has directly addressed the point other than "Just teach kids to be a good people and not to discriminate m'kay!". You've literally said f**k all here.

I've read the data sheets at the end in detail. It's quite simple to see correlation = causation. All men have cocks, all bulls have cocks, therefore all men are bulls. That kind of thing.

I want impressionable kids to be kept from anything sexual either straight or gay. Children's innocence is being eroded more and more and I would like to preserve that. Why is that a problem for you? Why do you want sexual themes taught to pre pubescent children?

59 minutes ago, beefybake said:

Actually, I knew very well what I was voting for in the referendum.  World War 2 ended.  First there was, I think, the Common Market, then the European Economic Community (EEC ), then the EU.   The common thread to all of this is that the countries concerned decided to be friends, rather than enemies.  With binding agreements to , in the end,, prevent falling back into the wars that have blighted Europe for just about ever, at the cost of millions of lives. 

Yes, I knew exactly what I was voting for, even if Cameron etc were too stupid, or lazy, to bother spelling out all the great things about membership of the EU.

As for you,  weegienative, you're basically ".. Brexit means Brexit...", and you'll keep returning to that.

For me...,  I look at..

1. Boris Johnson. It was his decision on the referendum to support Brexit, which, I think, swung the votes of a significant number of people.

Johnson is, by inclination, and actuality, a newspaper columnist.  He earns an exceedingly healthy living at that.  The job of a columnist is to stir controversy,

and gain  attention for him/her self, and the newspaper.  His talent is for upsetting apple carts, it doesn't really matter which apple cart. He doesn't really

care for  anything other than  himself. 

It's all just words to him.

Even his editor at the Daily Telegraph has described Johnson as ".. careless with the truth...". 

Given a position of real responsibility, Johnson is little more than a clown. As he amply demonstrated as Foreign Secretary. 

2.  The investigations into who was supplying the money to fund the various Vote Leave campaigns increasingly indicate that it was  very murky.

A major funder, Aaron Banks, is refusing to divulge the accounts of the offshore company through which he channelled the money.

The whole thing stinks.  And more and more, it's starting to look like the money came from Russia. 

The ultimate aim of the EU is a federal state. To Do this, national identity and pride needs to be diminished. Easiest way to do that? Import millions of people who will have no loyalty to their host. Will It also help backfill an ageing workforce? Potentially but no more so than economic incentives to parenthood for existing citizens. 

The EU was started with good intentions as you correctly say. Do you think the people who voted to join knew what it would involve now? Presumably not judging by the age distribution of voters in Brexit.

If you want to talk about campaign donations and influence, look no further than a certain Hungarian globalist billionaire.

21 minutes ago, Ross. said:

What exactly has that got to do with Brexit? Are you suggesting that had the UK not been a member of the EU that this would not have happened?

I'm.suggesting those in power have a pro eu/pro migration agenda and so are quite happy to push the political correct agenda to the extreme. So much so various people were too scared to report Asian guys raping young girls. How progressive.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

BBC HYS which is usually dominated by Gammon Brexiters seems to be swinging towards Remain - Remain comments predominantly being upvoted vs Brexit comments.

If Gammon Central is going against Brexit then surely the game's up the poley.

Is that a Dundee only phrase or recognised outwith?

25 minutes ago, weegienative said:

Nope, precedent has been set. Any future indyref should just be another "expensive opinion poll".

You see what happens when you put short term selfishness ahead of principles.

As much of a cock as the guy is, piers Morgan is one of the few remainers I've heard who actually respects a democratic vote.

Yeah. The precedent was set by not making the referendum legally binding. Unlike previous referendums.

Any other referendum would be legally binding so as to avoid this nonsense. It's really very simple. Of course the reason this wasn't legally binding is because absolutely everyone with the slightest interest in the subject knew it was a fucking nonsense and so it required a get out clause in case the English were stupid enough to vote it in. They were.

23 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

Please explain how leaving the EU curbs immigration from outwith the EU ? You wont answer this question.

There isn't an immigration issue. The only issue regarding immigrants is that we need more of them...especially in Scotland.

You've been told several times. Dublin rule reform.

Please explain how leaving the EU wouldn't hand control back the the UK government. You won't answer this question (again).

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

BBC HYS which is usually dominated by Gammon Brexiters seems to be swinging towards Remain - Remain comments predominantly being upvoted vs Brexit comments.

If Gammon Central is going against Brexit then surely the game's up the poley.

I hope to god you don't actually talk this way in real life. Gammon ffs.

11 minutes ago, weegienative said:

I want impressionable kids to be kept from anything sexual either straight or gay. Children's innocence is being eroded more and more and I would like to preserve that. Why is that a problem for you? Why do you want sexual themes taught to pre pubescent children?

Lucky for you pre pubescent children wont be being taught anything sexual. Just that same sex relationships are equal to opposite sex relationships. This doesn't equate to "Jim will be penetrating Steven anally". It will be teaching kids that "Jim and Steven are married" and normalising the concept at a young age.

3 minutes ago, weegienative said:

You've been told many times UK has an opt out on any EU Immigration policies.

ETA: My multi quote aint working at work today. Apologies to everyone else for spamming

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

5 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Yeah. The precedent was set by not making the referendum legally binding. Unlike previous referendums.

Any other referendum would be legally binding so as to avoid this nonsense. It's really very simple. Of course the reason this wasn't legally binding is because absolutely everyone with the slightest interest in the subject knew it was a fucking nonsense and so it required a get out clause in case the English were stupid enough to vote it in. They were.

Was the 2014 referendum legally binding?

Yup. Holyrood always had the power to call a referendum but it would merely be advisory and not legally binding as only Westminster has the right to call a legally binding referendum. A Section 30 Order was required in order to (temporarily) transfer the power to Holyrood to make the referendum legally binding.

I could be mistaken but I think there was some chat one of the reasons the Brexit referendum was not legally binding was because they weren't sure it would pass the House of Lords. Being unelected they didn't have to worry about being called undemocratic for not allowing a referendum but I think those in power were happy with it only being advisory anyway.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

I keep hearing this again and again, Brexit voters didn't know what they were voting for. I only ever hear it for those who voted remain funny enough.
If you want to go down the road of not having clarity on how negotiations would go post referendum, that's because the EU would not allow negotiations to commence until article 50 had been triggered.
There have been numerous policy changes within the EU since 2016, many which would affect us if article 50 were to be revoked and the Brexit vote consigned to history. Do you know what they are? Did you know what you're voting for?
I think we have to plow ahead as clearly people who voted remain didn't know what they were voting for.
Tell when we voted to leave the Customs Union or the Single Market?

Even this Swampy Robinson character will get bored of regurgitating his prejudices eventually, won't he? Or at least take them to another thread, I'd suggest this one, he'll find some like minded folk if he's lucky https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/258993-scotland-first-country-to-introduce-lgbt-lessons/ .

Meanwhile, May is promising to stand down before the next election, probably shortly after Brexit if she manages it. Means she'll pick up a few extra votes tonight. 

Just now, welshbairn said:

Meanwhile, May is promising to stand down before the next election, probably shortly after Brexit if she manages it. Means she'll pick up a few extra votes tonight. 

From her POV it's the only real course of action she has left open to her. No matter what happens going forward, she is getting a huge slice of the blame for whatever the outcome ends up as. This way she is at least going to have the majority of the pro Brexit lot on her side, she at least delivered some kind of Brexit, and it wasn't her fault that her party didn't give her the back up she needed. Nothing but damage limitation.

Please explain how leaving the EU wouldn't hand control back the the UK government. You won't answer this question (again).
So we don't have an opt out ? We just have to take whatever shite they give us ?

Just admit you're a racist troll and f**k off. You're on ignore fae now on.