Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

16 minutes ago, beefybake said:

A few nights ago, on one of the Freeview channels, there was the film..

The Big Short.

Here's the last few minutes.  Virtually all of it is the way things have panned out, in the US and here.

https://youtu.be/Bu2wNKlVRzE 

Legislation was introduced in the US in the aftermath of this to minimise the chance of it being repeated.

The legislation has been largely repealed by Trump.

Public sector money (our money) being used to underwrite the failures of the great ‘free market’ system after the profiteers have cleaned up is ongoing.

7 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Don't usually take the Tory side on anything, but that was an absolutely horrendous comment, and I don't like that it's only the Tories who have taken offense. If it's only them, I'd be sorely disappointed.

1. I’m not convinced he did say it.

2. Far worse gets said in Parliament on a daily basis.

Its a farce and the way they have treated the speaker is pretty deplorable. To make complaints around respect and acceptable language by loudly jeering and haranguing someone who is trying to do their job is hypocritical beyond belief.

Edited by Londonwell

Just now, Londonwell said:

Ha if you look at my posts I am far from a apologist for Corbyn. I can’t stand the guy.

I am willing to bet you didn’t watch the exchanges. The Tories were a disgrace

The Tories constantly do shit like this. Problem is, nobody creates the stir they did. And that's the problem of the people not creating the stir.

The SNP should be pulling the walk out stunt every single time someone pulls their shit. Like the "Go Back to Skye" thing yesterday. But they don't.

1 minute ago, zidane's child said:

I'm pretty sure we heard someone say "go back to Skye" yesterday in the Commons and nothing was done about it.

Or is it a case of, we should only be offended when the Tories are?

No. The SNP should have did what the Tories have done here. But they didn't. They stood still and accepted it.

3 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

The Tories constantly do shit like this. Problem is, nobody creates the stir they did. And that's the problem of the people not creating the stir.

The SNP should be pulling the walk out stunt every single time someone pulls their shit. Like the "Go Back to Skye" thing yesterday. But they don't.

So am I an apologist or politically naive now? I’m not sure.

You seem quite confused over this.

I know it’ll get people saying ‘HAHA LOL HE SO IS’ but I just can’t fathom how, er, stupid Corbyn would have to be to actually say it.

Having said that, it looks like ‘woman’ to me.

Now we go into the Christmas break with nobody talking about the No Deal Brexit planning - food stockpiling, medical stockpiling, and the government planning for a rise in starvation and suicide. Great.