Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Just thinking there, the Tories really are some bunch, homeless people dying on our streets, kids going hungry, people dying in hospital corridors due to lack of funding for our Health service and No, none of that even registers as any sort of issue or problem, however God forbid someone allegedly calls someone a "stupid woman".

Honestly, this country is a complete write off and so are many of it's power brokers and citizens...............

I'm aware that I'm a bit behind here, but I'm watching last week's Question Time and am baffled by some of the logic used to dismiss the idea of a second referendum.

Regardless of whether one supports leaving the EU or not, it is surely undeniable that at this point the electorate - and the politicians - have a much clearer idea of what leaving will mean and what it won't mean. Surely returning to the public and saying "We listened to what you wanted and this is what we have been able to negotiate. Do you want it or not?" is just the common sense thing to do?

I'm a supporter of independence, but I'd be saying the same in the result of a Yes vote in a Scottish independence referendum. Once the actual settlement is known, it only makes sense to take that to the people and say "This is the reality, do you want it?".

What's happening here is like being asked if you want to change from your current job to a new job and saying 'yes', but then being told that it'll mean your holiday entitlement, salary, pension contributions, working hours all changing and having no ability to revisit your decision on whether you'd actually like the new job or to stick with what you already have. It's insanity.

How can asking the people to vote on something, and giving them more details on what that means, be in any way said to be undermining the will of the people?

Edited by JTS98

5 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Btw i'm aware literally no-one is talking about it but a vote of confidence against the Gov was submitted last night...

Only a VOC in the government by the official opposition will be called.  

I did post that already in response to your previous post.