Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

"Stupid people" is a shite argument in that context. But I guess that's the apologism that comes with being anti-Tory to the point where discrimination is fine.

Aww stop yer greetin. Shes thick as mince, she's a woman, and shes an auld c**t thus she's a stupid auld cnut of a woman. Shoot me.  

As usual the MSM doing the Tories’ work for them.

If you were able to do a straw poll this minute I doubt many folk would rate Corbyn calling May a stupid woman anywhere close to the anger and frustration of May not allowing Parliament to vote on her deal.

16 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Tories are with very few exceptions absolute fucking vermin. "Stupid woman" is pretty mild imo.

Captain Mainwairing never got called out for it. If Corbyn just called a point of order and apologised it would be over. The reaction in the House of Commons was like a prison riot when they finally saw the twitter clips. I watched it live and it was clear that he said, "stupid woman".

P.S. Just watched it again and it's definitely "stupid people" :lol:

Edited by welshbairn

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

As usual the MSM doing the Tories’ work for them.

If you were able to do a straw poll this minute I doubt many folk would rate Corbyn calling May a stupid woman anywhere close to the anger and frustration of May not allowing Parliament to vote on her deal.

And that'd be the fault of the other parties not going similarly mental over it. Not that I'd ever expect a Corbyn led Tory party to ever take a stance on a Brexit deal.

3 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

And that'd be the fault of the other parties not going similarly mental over it. Not that I'd ever expect a Corbyn led Tory party to ever take a stance on a Brexit deal.

When May announced that the vote was getting delayed until mid January there should have been a far more vociferous response by Parliamentarians.  I would not have been opposed to some form of Parliamentary protest.

A couple of SNP MPs getting suspended would have been worth it.

There is real resentment in the country that a further month is getting wasted, even amongst many of the Tories’ natural allies.

1 hour ago, Principal Flutie said:

Don't usually take the Tory side on anything, but that was an absolutely horrendous comment, and I don't like that it's only the Tories who have taken offense. If it's only them, I'd be sorely disappointed.

I was listening to Radio 4 where a Labour politician was asked "IF Corbyn said that should he apologise?" Cue scrambling deflection - absolutely pathetic. The interviewer gave up and moved on to the next topic.

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

11 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Jesus, what did I miss?

Corbyn alleged to have muttered the words "stupid woman" almost under his breath at Theresa May and a near riot has broken out in the House.

It's clearly crime of the century - he should be flung n in jail and the key thrown away.

Edited by ICTJohnboy
Hauled across the coals for a simple typo.

As I said a week ago.............

PMQs has always been a matter of both sides talking at tangents, with the PM having an inbuilt advantage by finishing each exchange with an irrelevant answer. The exception to this is government backbenchers lobbing soft balls to the PM for s/he to smash. In it's current format it's pretty much a waste of time - so why am I watching it?

...............having said that it looked to me like JC did indeed say "stupid woman".

Ooops, there goes my future career as a professional lip-reader!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/dec/16/a-shout-out-to-lip-readers-unsung-heroes-of-the-week

Edited by btb

39 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Nothing sadly but that's the world we're living in I'm afraid.

I wasn’t going to bother with this, but just to illustrate the double standards…

Last night I posted a complaint on the BBC website with regard to an aggressive post which repeatedly used the term ‘Jocks’ and referred disparagingly to Scotland as ‘Jockland’.  I didn’t rant but merely pointed out my disappointment in the moderation.  At lunchtime today I received notification that having reviewed said post the BBC has 'decided that it does not contravene the House Rules and are going to leave it on site'.

By coincidence I intend to leave a post myself this evening re matters concerning Israel; I’ll now refer to that country as ‘Yidland’ and let you know how I get on.

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I wasn’t going to bother with this, but just to illustrate the double standards…

Last night I posted a complaint on the BBC website with regard to an aggressive post which repeatedly used the term ‘Jocks’ and referred disparagingly to Scotland as ‘Jockland’.  I didn’t rant but merely pointed out my disappointment in the moderation.  At lunchtime today I received notification that having reviewed said post the BBC has 'decided that it does not contravene the House Rules and are going to leave it on site'.

By coincidence I intend to leave a post myself this evening re matters concerning Israel; I’ll now refer to that country as ‘Yidland’ and let you know how I get on.

Doesn't surprise me but Good on you, as a gambling man though I'd have a few quid on "moderated" and possibly even a referral as a "hate crime" knowing the people that are running (using the term loosely) our country..............