Any junior games moving there games for the celtic vs rangers game

Mathieson104

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, patriot1 said:

It would be great if we could get some feedback on how the gates for these two games compare with their normal Saturday crowds. 

You would think that teams with social clubs would look at Friday night games. Take in a game, have a pint afterwards. Obviously it depends on players being available.

It'll be interesting to see - I'll try and get an attendance figure on Friday. We're in a bit of a strange position though, as we're not sure what an average Saturday attendance looks like yet, having had only one home game so far back in the Superleagues.

Normal service last season was 100-120, but there were 200+ at the Kilsyth game. Whether that'll carry on over the season is anybody's guess - obviously we hope it does :)

4 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Certainly doesnt apply to the Bankies!! Anyone in junior football who doesnt want a pyramid for that reason isnt a true supporter of their club. I see the point of changing kick off times to try and attract OF fans who perhaps would come after the game etc.

Away with yerself. Loads of bankies fans have other teams they shout for 

It would be great if we could get some feedback on how the gates for these two games compare with their normal Saturday crowds. 

You would think that teams with social clubs would look at Friday night games. Take in a game, have a pint afterwards. Obviously it depends on players being available.

You may get a similar situation in the Saturday if you move the game. Get extra people into the social club for the OF who then decide to watch the junior team after it. The east games are still 2:30 KO currently so people have half an hour or so to get from watching the game in the pub up to the ground

Don't understand why any sane person wants to glorify sectarianism and a rise in domestic abuse. Still each to their own.

Why we all going on about it,I've been a Celtic fan all my days and apart fae a few games I've went to junior games for years,there must be very few who started off their football ventures going to junior games and if you did fair play to you.

The entertainment value on OF day where I used to stay was superb. I had a drinking den next door and before the kick off we had the retro parade with the CR Smith and NTL strips worn by folk that hadn't seen inside Ibrox and Parkhead. By the time I got home from the Talbot game they were in full swing. The sash...soldiers song in full pelt and out they were in the front garden knocking seven bells out of each other. After the melee it was back into the house for some Dolly Parton where they all made up by singing "Working nine to five". 

The entertainment value on OF day where I used to stay was superb. I had a drinking den next door and before the kick off we had the retro parade with the CR Smith and NTL strips worn by folk that hadn't seen inside Ibrox and Parkhead. By the time I got home from the Talbot game they were in full swing. The sash...soldiers song in full pelt and out they were in the front garden knocking seven bells out of each other. After the melee it was back into the house for some Dolly Parton where they all made up by singing "Working nine to five". 

Lol,that's sounds about right in most places that, the ole 90 minute bigots,friends an workmates kidding on they hate each other in the name of religion, makes me laugh, although its not funny when eejits can't behave themselves and people end up getting hurt, an as u say, people who have never saw the inside of ibrox or Parkhead in there life !!!

1 hour ago, wingnut said:

Why we all going on about it,I've been a Celtic fan all my days and apart fae a few games I've went to junior games for years,there must be very few who started off their football ventures going to junior games and if you did fair play to you.

Got to say near on every ladeside fan I know started following ladeside from an early age they mostly have a second club in seniors that they look out for as I do myself but they mostly followed juniors from weans 

34 minutes ago, BumbleBeeBlastie said:

Got to say near on every ladeside fan I know started following ladeside from an early age they mostly have a second club in seniors that they look out for as I do myself but they mostly followed juniors from weans 

Can only agree and same with  us as well , most junior fans start at an early age and when you're Young it's much easier to just walk to the local junior ground with friends after the Saturday youth club than jump on buses to a senior ground , I think the vast majority of junior football fans started supporting their clubs from a young age as you said . 

My dad was never a senior football fan, I started going to watch Kilsyth when I was 8 yrs old, am now 48, so I've had 40 yrs off ups and downs going along with my dad, ave been to watch rangers a few times but it's not the same as watching ma beloved Kilsyth rangers, it doesn't come near for me , plus a can't b arsed with the hatred an bigotry either, an ad never miss our game for a Senior game, an ano most people on here would be the same.

53 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

Kinda proves the stereotype that Junior fans by and large are OF supporters without the bus fare.

That doesn't mean the home and away diehards don't love their clubs. While I do have a 'senior (non OF)' team I would always choose watching Lok above them.

Archived