Any junior games moving there games for the celtic vs rangers game

Mathieson104

It's ok... I still don't really follow what you're on about :lol:, but I thought you were attacking my post or something I'd posted previously.

I've only posted those stats, and that moving for an OF derby not Scotland / cup finals may seem odd but if it suits individual clubs fine and might even encourage more use of lights.

Appears only games which have moved are:

* Maryhill v Shotts - tonight, 7:30pm
* Renfrew v Kilsyth - tonight, 7:30pm
* Kilbirnie v Glenafton - kick-off delayed to 3pm

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one outside of Scotland cares about the old firm. It will be hyped up as usual as it is the first meeting between the two teams in the top division but it will be 90 minutes of sub standard football and poisonous atmosphere. Scottish people waving Irish tricolours and union flags. What a mess.

12 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

It's ok... I still don't really follow what you're on about :lol:, but I thought you were attacking my post or something I'd posted previously.

I've only posted those stats, and that moving for an OF derby not Scotland / cup finals may seem odd but if it suits individual clubs fine and might even encourage more use of lights.

Appears only games which have moved are:

* Maryhill v Shotts - tonight, 7:30pm
* Renfrew v Kilsyth - tonight, 7:30pm
* Kilbirnie v Glenafton - kick-off delayed to 3pm

Absolutely not old bean. I was pointing out the nonsense that moving some fixtures creates a junior stereotype. Nonsense. 

Great entertainment tonight at the Renfrew v Kilsyth Friday night football, 2 great goals from Scott Davidson sealed the win for us, the first from just over the halfway line and lobbed the keeper, Renfrew equaliser but within a couple of minutes Kilsyth  scored the winner, decent crowd on a wild night, nice setup at Renfrew, ref tried his best with about 7 mins added time at the end, from where he got it, f**k knows, good wee change on a Friday night under the lights

37 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Rangers & Celtic agreed on a 12 o' clock kick off in case the Talbot v Beith game went to a replay. They may be a lot of things but they ain't stupid. Also gives Maggie Thatchers Barmy Army time to fuel up on the Scumpy Jack.

It was nice to see the young yins so engaged in politics. 

Which is why he knows it causes problems for smaller clubs. The undertone to all this appears to be that junior fans are all Old Firm supporters, which a lot of lower division senior grade P&B types view as being socially unacceptable in some way, but I seriously doubt it would really be all that different with their own clubs. There are plenty of people with a big team and a wee team that show up regularly for their teams' games as well.

4 minutes ago, LeeKRR1878 said:

So what your saying is these 2 clubs should be ashamed?

maybe the 4 of them should be ashamed. 

I'm not entirely sure how the shame should be allocated. Maybe a 60/40 split in favour of the home team. I hope he comes back to clear this up as it will bug me all day now. 

maybe the 4 of them should be ashamed. 

I'm not entirely sure how the shame should be allocated. Maybe a 60/40 split in favour of the home team. I hope he comes back to clear this up as it will bug me all day now. 

He better clear it up before tonight because I can see this being one I'll lose sleep over

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Glad to see that only 2 clubs have moved their games. The rest of the junior game can hold their heads up high.

It turned out in the end up an inch plus of rain in the two hours prior to kickoff put paid to the game anyway, but as I said previously in the thread, had we went up against the OF game today, we could have counted on 100-odd diehards being there, but as a newly-promoted side, we're attempting to re-engage with the local populace of the area and the wider West End. Not just the hardcore, but the punters who haven't been to a Junior game for a while - maybe even those who have never been to one.

Shock, horror, some of them might even be OF fans. It's Glasgow - I'd be more surprised if they weren't. Playing on a Friday night was an ideal opportunity to entice some of the more casual fans along who might even start coming more regularly as time passed.

We all can think of a few clubs who have turned in on themselves to the point where they exist in a bubble, ending up playing their games in front of a couple of dozen old boys who turn up to moan about how things are shite and how It Wasn't Like This In My Day.

We don't want to end up like that, plain and simple. As a result, when we realised we were up against a major sporting event the next day, we - with the agreement of Shotts, thanks to them - took the decision to move the game. I suspect it's more what the sporting event was rather than the fact of moving the game that's getting some people's panties in a bunch on here.

So yeah, guilty of at least trying something a bit different which in the end up didn't come off. As I said, I reckon we'll try it again in the future with or without the blessing of some self-righteous smokiefucker.

13 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

It turned out in the end up an inch plus of rain in the two hours prior to kickoff put paid to the game anyway, but as I said previously in the thread, had we went up against the OF game today, we could have counted on 100-odd diehards being there, but as a newly-promoted side, we're attempting to re-engage with the local populace of the area and the wider West End. Not just the hardcore, but the punters who haven't been to a Junior game for a while - maybe even those who have never been to one.

Shock, horror, some of them might even be OF fans. It's Glasgow - I'd be more surprised if they weren't. Playing on a Friday night was an ideal opportunity to entice some of the more casual fans along who might even start coming more regularly as time passed.

We all can think of a few clubs who have turned in on themselves to the point where they exist in a bubble, ending up playing their games in front of a couple of dozen old boys who turn up to moan about how things are shite and how It Wasn't Like This In My Day.

We don't want to end up like that, plain and simple. As a result, when we realised we were up against a major sporting event the next day, we - with the agreement of Shotts, thanks to them - took the decision to move the game. I suspect it's more what the sporting event was rather than the fact of moving the game that's getting some people's panties in a bunch on here.

So yeah, guilty of at least trying something a bit different which in the end up didn't come off. As I said, I reckon we'll try it again in the future with or without the blessing of some self-righteous smokiefucker.

^^^^

And THAT is a clamping. 

Archived