Any junior games moving there games for the celtic vs rangers game

Mathieson104

12 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

Yet again the stereotype is proven with fixtures being moved. You can argue the specifics of percentages of Junior fans that support one of the Old Firm teams, but all in all its high enough for those fans to have their Junior team games moved to allow them to revel in the bigot v bigot fest. If their loyalties were with their Junior team first and foremost then there would be absolutely sod all reason to rearrange Junior ko times.

As a Partick fan you should be well aware of the effect the old firm can have on club finances. It wasn't so long ago your club was boo-hooing to the media about the number of guaranteed  home games your club had against them and were desperate to stuck the old firm boaby one more time.

Nothing wrong with clubs doing what they can to increase finances as long as it isn't detrimental to regular fans.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What difference does what junior teams do or not do make to fans of non old firm senior teams fans ? 

They seem to be getting involved in it when it has no affect on them whatsoever , let the junior teams do what they want , and for what it's worth there's only one result that matters to me on Saturday and its involving my junior club just like every Saturday. 

Still cant quite understand  why any of it interests an Arbroath fan . 

As a Partick fan you should be well aware of the effect the old firm can have on club finances. It wasn't so long ago your club was boo-hooing to the media about the number of guaranteed  home games your club had against them and were desperate to stuck the old firm boaby one more time.

Nothing wrong with clubs doing what they can to increase finances as long as it isn't detrimental to regular fans.

I've already said it. It's fair fucks if that's the case, but people trying to argue that it isn't true that the stereotype of Junior fans mostly/by and large/etc having one of the bigot sisters as their big team is bullshit are just talking nonsense. This whole fixture rescheduling just confirms the stereotype.

7 hours ago, Shanner said:

Going head to head with one of the most anticipated domestic fixtures in years just because you're scared of "ridicule" is idiotic. 

No that's not why we wouldn't go 'head to head' with that fixture. That's just what would happen. We would go 'head to head' with it because our own game takes a much greater importance and our fans don't give two fucks about the OF game, certainly not enough fucks to miss our game to sit in the pub watching it. Scottish football is not all about the OF you know, doing this would effectively say it is. I'm stunned you have a different view point, then again like MrCat says maybe there is a lot of OF fans without the bus fare kicking about in junior football.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

No that's not why we wouldn't go 'head to head' with that fixture. That's just what would happen. We would go 'head to head' with it because our own game takes a much greater importance and our fans don't give two fucks about the OF game, certainly not enough fucks to miss our game to sit in the pub watching it. Scottish football is not all about the OF you know, doing this would effectively say it is. I'm stunned you have a different view point, then again like MrCat says maybe there is a lot of OF fans without the bus fare kicking about in junior football.

There are a lot of OF fans without the bus fare kicking about ALL grades of Scottish football (or at least people with an interest in the spectacle). There's not a football match in Scotland this weekend that wouldn't lose at few paying punters to this particular OF game due to the high interest. 

I wouldn't expect there to be any admission of that from a Lower League fan because you quite often like to present yourselves as a superior breed; untainted by the big bad OF and their bigoted, glory hunting ways, but there will be plenty of you who secretly think "what difference does missing one league game make, I'll be back next week anyway". I've met loads of those types of lower league fans over the years.

By the way, plenty of Junior fans support a Senior team. Half the posters on here have quite freely admitted it! I'm not sure why yourself and the other Senior blaw-ins think you're being particularly perceptive in re-stating the point. 

The issue is that we kick off normally at 2pm . This is voted at the west region agm. Bring forward Arbroaths ko to the same time tomorrow & let us know if it affects the attendance any . They don't put a lot of the bigger games on at Saturday noon ko much these days so this hasn't came up in a while but our club had noticed it's happened before even with bigger English games .
Ps a lot of our fans couldn't give a hoot about the game either but it makes sound financial sense to move it .

16 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

How many games have been moved. Two?, out of 70 odd junior games. 

Mountain out of a molehill

Fair point. AFAICS none of the 46 games in the North and East regions has moved day or time, while in the West Region of the 31 games there are 2 tonight and 1 is 3pm. So 3 from 77.

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Fair point. AFAICS none of the 46 games in the North and East regions has moved day or time, while in the West Region of the 31 games there are 2 tonight and 1 is 3pm. So 3 from 77.

Nothing but stereotypical junIor fans though eh? What a load of absolute pish that is. 

Archived