Queens v. Raith (2nd v. 3rd)

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toughie this one. Raith had the hex over us last season. Even though I thought we played well enough in two or three of the games, I think we got one point in total. Mackinnonless Rovers have started impressively again. I hope the guys continue to show the same energy and commitment levels that I have seen in the games so far. Hoping for a 2-1 Queens win. The Lyle- Dobbie parnership is going great guns at the moment but it's the teamwork that's been impressing me most.

Big game this one.

A win would set up the Hibs game beautifully, but Raith have also started well.  I think of them as a similar type of club to us in some ways, with probably similar aspirations.

I fancy our chances to score these days, but Rovers are obviously a decent side. 

I'd kill for a jammy 1-0 win, but would be disappointed with anything less.

Really not sure what to predict. Last season raith had the better of us in tight games so you would assume a point would be good. However the on fire partnership of Lyle and dobbie gives hope of yet another 3 points. That and the general teamwork and quality from the keeper to up front. Robinson could be key once again.

This game will be tight but 2-1 queens I will go for.

16 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Really not sure what to predict. Last season raith had the better of us in tight games so you would assume a point would be good. However the on fire partnership of Lyle and dobbie gives hope of yet another 3 points. That and the general teamwork and quality from the keeper to up front. Robinson could be key once again.

This game will be tight but 2-1 queens I will go for.

Although it was only 2-0 the 2nd of 2 games at Raith last season was anything but tight. As comfortable a 2-0 win as you will ever see. Raith were excellent that night and we were awful.

49 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Although it was only 2-0 the 2nd of 2 games at Raith last season was anything but tight. As comfortable a 2-0 win as you will ever see. Raith were excellent that night and we were awful.

Was a strange lineup for Queens that night, if I recall - Lyle and Russell starting from the bench?

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Absolutely. To slightly balance that though we were much the better side in the 1-1 draw before Xmas and the other one at Palmerston was pretty tight. Thought we shaded it but lost. Raith were on their long winning run at that point though and as usual found a way to win.

24 minutes ago, renton said:

Was a strange lineup for Queens that night, if I recall - Lyle and Russell starting from the bench?

Lyle had been out with a knee injury for a couple of weeks prior to that game, It was his first one back and starting from the bench was entirely expected. Russell was dropped after a series of poorer showings and didn't start any of the next four games before an injury to Hilson let him back in to the starting line up.

Tough one for us on Sat.  Would take a draw right now tbh.  Queens are on fire just now, and Dobbie/Lyle could cause us some real problems.  Plus can see Anderson scoring.

Callachan and Vaughn in an ideal world could do with a rest, nothing worked for them on Sat  - but somehow with a huge squad, we are really struggling for players.

Dont mind Skacel coming on to help see a result out or shore things up, but I really really really hope he isnt going to be Lockes go to man to rescue a game. 

Not keeping Anderson was an error of judgement by Locke. Anderson was gutted about it so I imagine he'll be up for it. All things told I think the move might just have worked out very well for him, Queens look better than us this season. Would be delighted with a point.

I'd play the 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 we changed to at Tannadice, but I worry Locke is going to be a rigid 4-4-2 man.

Archived