Queens v. Raith (2nd v. 3rd)

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a wonder the BBC don't want to show Raith against Queens live as they love this fixture.

The extra viewers household names like Skacel and Dobbie pull in mean that the last two games will surely be on TV in addition to the next fixture between us. It will also give the nation a chance to decide on the Anderson v Barr debate.

The natural born pessimism that comes with being a Queens fan has had me expecting the good run to end ever since it started!

Raith are a good side, and their fans aren't a bunch of deluded wankers so if we lose today it won't be the end of the world.

It will be interesting to see how we cope if we fall behind as it hasn't happened much this season.

If we take the lead I don't see any way back for Rovers, such is the confidence we are playing with.

Should be a good game either way.

The natural born pessimism that comes with being a Queens fan has had me expecting the good run to end ever since it started!

Raith are a good side, and their fans aren't a bunch of deluded wankers so if we lose today it won't be the end of the world.

It will be interesting to see how we cope if we fall behind as it hasn't happened much this season.

If we take the lead I don't see any way back for Rovers, such is the confidence we are playing with.
Agreed I expect us to lose every week! But this season is different.

Should be a good game either way.

Agr

Queens look to be a form team and we seem to have gone off the boil. Probably a QoS win by a couple of goals, but hopefully we can get going again and get a result. I've never been to Palmerston and that won't change today. I'll hopefully make it there someday. Maybe I'll add it to my woefully stunted and unadventurous Bucket List.

Lovely sunny day in Kirkcaldy. What's the weather like in Dumfries?

I think we'll need to score first today. So much of our attack is based on getting in behind teams. If Queens take the lead, they'll be able to do what Falkirk did last week and keep us at arm's length. I do think we'll have a better chance this week though, Queens are playing with so much confidence, and they're at home, so they'll be coming at us, hopefully leaving space for McManus and Vaughan to exploit.

You won't find the Rovers on my coupon today though. Dobbie is in such a rich vein of form I don't think I'd bet against Queens against anyone in this league at the moment. 

Queens seem a similar team as us in terms of support. When doing well you expect crowds to go up but never seems to happen. Our last 2 home games have seen us get over 2000 mind you but thinking back to our great run of form last season we seemed to struggle getting the core support up. But as mentioned above, braw day, Queens doing well, say 300 Rovers fans it would be pretty depressing if 1700+ home fans didn't come out to support their team.

Queens seem a similar team as us in terms of support. When doing well you expect crowds to go up but never seems to happen. Our last 2 home games have seen us get over 2000 mind you but thinking back to our great run of form last season we seemed to struggle getting the core support up. But as mentioned above, braw day, Queens doing well, say 300 Rovers fans it would be pretty depressing if 1700+ home fans didn't come out to support their team.

Exactly but sadly Queens struggle to get floaters in.

Archived