Who is going to buy this sh*te

milton75

36 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

My cousin made a mint out of this type of stuff. ( he owns a games shop , card games etc) it's not mind you where the money is at mind you but did to him well at one point

Solid gold games in Perth used to sell individual cards when i was 10. charge you up to a tenner for a japanese shiny, half the time no one actually understood what they did, or played the games. but some peoples collections were ridiculous. 

There are plenty of ambitious sales on Ebay, in the computing section you can see items that are worth less than a tenner but have been priced at around £1,000 or more and have sold tons. Must be a tax scam or money laundering crack.

It's a well known way of getting around "unusual" payments into people's accounts. EBay seem to have no problem with it.

3 hours ago, mizfit said:

Solid gold games in Perth used to sell individual cards when i was 10. charge you up to a tenner for a japanese shiny, half the time no one actually understood what they did, or played the games. but some peoples collections were ridiculous. 

I collected them for well over a year when pokemon first hit the UK, i probably only played a few matches in that time tho, i was more interested in collecting. I used to do the SPL stickers every year despite not giving a toss about football. I just loved collecting things when i was a kid, used to do the monthly dinosaur magazines where you got the parts for a glow in the dark Trex too

11 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I'm afraid you all missed out on the opportunity to buy some "atmosphere" from a Stone Roses gig. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18766865

I was in Iceland last week and for the very reasonable price of around 1,000 Icelandic Krona (£6.50), you could buy a tin of "fresh air". 

I wonder if I could do something similar for ex-pats- "Scottish football atmosphere in a jar". Mind you they'd better not open it because then they'll just get a whiff of a stale fart. 

9 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Or is he? It's cost him nothing other than his time to post them online. If nobody buys them then fair enough, but if some total nutter does decide to buy them then he's laughing.

True, but with a lot of stuff really no-one is going to buy them. You see it on Amazon a lot, some tatty book will be up for several hundred bucks when you know that with a little patience it'll be had on ebay for a quid.

The UK versions (which I couldn't find video of) are a lot less threatening than having what appears to be a unit from the SAS robbing your house. I saw one today where a woman who was out had a parcel delivered to her huge house, the guy rings the doorbell and she tells him just to leave it on the doorstep. "It'll save you a trip to the depot," he says. This doesn't fucking happen. And imagine that conversation. "Oh sorry my phone's ringing, it's the doorbell." Please. If that smug p***k went on Dragon's Den with that thing he'd be laughed off.

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 09:36, jamamafegan said:

Or is he? It's cost him nothing other than his time to post them online. If nobody buys them then fair enough, but if some total nutter does decide to buy them then he's laughing.

Doesn't it cost you money to list items on eBay? Trying to sell a Miranda Hart book let alone a rock he found that looks like a snakes head for £75 is the work of a Wisbit.

Archived