Hibs v Ayr

6 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

That's a brilliant second goal by Ayr.  Starts from the keeper then a few first time passes out of defence. The boy who crosses (the RB?) has some pace, who he?

Thank you for mentioning this. There has been so little mention of the quality of the winning goal that I thought I'd dreamt it. The ball has been worked the entire length of the field and into the net without a Hibs player touching it. 

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you for mentioning this. There has been so little mention of the quality of the winning goal that I thought I'd dreamt it. The ball has been worked the entire length of the field and into the net without a Hibs player touching it. 

Nisbett is getting the credit for the run and cross, both on the BBC website and from the radio yesterday (open all mics).

Looked more like a classic devlin sub to me. Are we sure it was the captain? And did nisbett come on up front?

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Nisbett is getting the credit for the run and cross, both on the BBC website and from the radio yesterday (open all mics).

Looked more like a classic devlin sub to me. Are we sure it was the captain? And did nisbett come on up front?

It was Devlin, you not seen the highlights?

It was Devlin, you not seen the highlights?

I watched them whilst also trying to entertain the kids. I assumed it was Nicky but then I read the BBC report.

I'm glad the captain is back producing (going forward at least). He's always been one of our best attacking outlets.

The red card was far from the ref's worst call anyway. The no corner for Hibs late on was. The deflection was absolutely huge and overuled his assistant.  

It was Andrew Dallas ffs, you should know by now he always red cards these type of challanges! !

McCall got his tactics spot on but used the wrong personnel IMO.

When you see little of the ball, you need a forward who can back into defenders and recycle at least some possession and bring midfielders into the game. Forrest tried his heart out but he's 9 stone soaking wet, Nisbet should have started.

Don't know if Harkins was carrying a knock but other than one decent through ball first half, the game passed him by. When you go to places like Easter Road, there's no reason why we couldn't try to crowd them out in the middle and use Crawford as an extra man in midfield to disrupt.

We needed a better out ball in wide areas, someone with some pace who could get us further up the pitch either winning a throw in or drawing a foul. Cairney & Gilmour can't do that. I'd have started Cairney on the right pretty much doing the same job as he did on the left & although I've not seen much of him, McGuffie on the left. He skinned a Hibs defender and put a decent ball in after he came on, he's direct and offers something different. He would still track back in front of Boyle.

Full marks to the entire staff though. Despite enduring a battering for 65 minutes, to show the mental toughness to equalise then go looking for a winner is almost better than the 3 points themselves. It's going to be right battle to stay up this season, yesterday went a long way to proving they've got the baws. Fantastic result!

Archived