25th September, Rangers visit Aberdeen

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good to see Dons being owned in their own backyard. Fair play they won but far from convincing, stole it imo.

Dons would be more likeable if it wasn't for twisted sad section of their support who are so obsessed with Gers it's pathetic. Parochial "League of Gentleman" types.

What happened to the nobody likes us and we don't care?

Didn't really enjoy the game, we were very poor. Too many misplaced passes, Hayes out of sorts for the entire first half, McGinn nowhere to be seen. Logan out of position too often and too many falling/slipping over, wrong studs? We sat back for too long rather than dominate the poorest team I've seen coming out of Govan in 40 years and just gave them possession. Our shape was wrong & our team work poor. Didn't get out of first gear for most of the game. Looked like the players didn't know each other. Just appalling!

And we still won! HaHa! Just how poor are this govan team?

:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2

That was so pleasing. We were pretty awful, I think it was deliberate to sit back and hit them on the counter but they bossed the midfield without actually creating much.

Was also amusing to see Cammy Smith starting a chorus of "who's that lying at Pittodrie" walking down King Street after the game, some boy.

Didn't really enjoy the game, we were very poor. Too many misplaced passes, Hayes out of sorts for the entire first half, McGinn nowhere to be seen. Logan out of position too often and too many falling/slipping over, wrong studs? We sat back for too long rather than dominate the poorest team I've seen coming out of Govan in 40 years and just gave them possession. Our shape was wrong & our team work poor. Didn't get out of first gear for most of the game. Looked like the players didn't know each other. Just appalling!

And we still won! HaHa! Just how poor are this govan team?

:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2

Pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

Good to see the Sevconians took it well and didn't resort to ripping up seats to throw over the other side of the South Stand though. [emoji24]

Pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

Good to see the Sevconians took it well and didn't resort to ripping up seats to throw over the other side of the South Stand though. [emoji24]

One of them hit me with a cup of coke during the applause, they must not have been thirsty.

Couple of people outside the pub at half time laying into Richard Gordon and Willie Miller for "thinking Aberdeen could get something from the game". GIRUY

Thought we were brutal in the first half and couldn't string two passes together, completely under the cosh. Woke up in the second half, silly challenge aside Hayes showed some brilliant counter-attacking prowess and Maddison made all the difference. Reckon that's justification for him not starting - would have been way too pacy in the midfield and Sevco would have ripped it apart. That being said, for all their possession Sevco don't seem to do much. For us I felt O'Connor had a fine game at the back (aside from giving away a free in a dangerous position), I've been very impressed with the boy and hope he keeps up the work rate. 

We weren't brilliant, though. Rangers look to be an average mid-table side if an off-form Aberdeen can and keep taking points of them, alongside other teams. PLEASING. 

Archived