25th September, Rangers visit Aberdeen

One of them hit me with a cup of coke during the applause, they must not have been thirsty.

Could see everything from the upper deck the whole match. An absolute mess of a support for the whole second half. Can't think why.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

That was so pleasing. We were pretty awful, I think it was deliberate to sit back and hit them on the counter but they bossed the midfield without actually creating much.

Was also amusing to see Cammy Smith starting a chorus of "who's that lying at Pittodrie" walking down King Street after the game, some boy.

Oor Cammy Smith?

Messages on the bus aside, it it really front page news? This is what I mean by the media stirring up trouble. Time and time again they make issues out of nothing. In this case who knows who scratched the bus, certainly no one on here (unless you did it of course) and definitely no one at the BBC or Daily Record knows. Was it an Aberdeen fan? Who knows. A Celtic fan? Who knows. A 'The Rangers' fan? Who knows. Not much of a story really.

Better headline: Bus gets scratched by hooligan(s). 

Content: Today a bus got scratched. That's all we know! Sorry this is a shit story!

Bejesus it's a free kick the ref got wrong about 25yards from goal, it's not a penalty, red card or offside decision.

There has been no meedja outpouring over the two goals wrongly disallowed for Motherwell in the past two games however The Ragers get a free kick bloody given against them and the world crumbles.

27 minutes ago, Menzel said:

Couple of people outside the pub at half time laying into Richard Gordon and Willie Miller for "thinking Aberdeen could get something from the game". GIRUY

Thought we were brutal in the first half and couldn't string two passes together, completely under the cosh. Woke up in the second half, silly challenge aside Hayes showed some brilliant counter-attacking prowess and Maddison made all the difference. Reckon that's justification for him not starting - would have been way too pacy in the midfield and Sevco would have ripped it apart. That being said, for all their possession Sevco don't seem to do much. For us I felt O'Connor had a fine game at the back (aside from giving away a free in a dangerous position), I've been very impressed with the boy and hope he keeps up the work rate. 

We weren't brilliant, though. Rangers look to be an average mid-table side if an off-form Aberdeen can and keep taking points of them, alongside other teams. PLEASING. 

He looks like a great find. Reminds me a bit of Kari Arnason in that he's a big guy, but because he's played in midfield and at the back he seems very composed for a defender. Also, for all the praise Maddison is getting, in the two games I've seen of him he doesn't make great choices when he has the ball. If he moved the ball on a bit faster he really could be something special, but he often holds on to it for too long and then picks the wrong pass. I can see why Norwich don't think he's ready to play for them yet.

As everyone else has said, we were f*cking awful, which makes winning even sweeter :thumsup2

10 minutes ago, weejoeharper said:

Messages on the bus aside, it it really front page news? This is what I mean by the media stirring up trouble. Time and time again they make issues out of nothing. In this case who knows who scratched the bus, certainly no one on here (unless you did it of course) and definitely no one at the BBC or Daily Record knows. Was it an Aberdeen fan? Who knows. A Celtic fan? Who knows. A 'The Rangers' fan? Who knows. Not much of a story really.

Better headline: Bus gets scratched by hooligan(s). 

Content: Today a bus got scratched. That's all we know! Sorry this is a shit story!

I would be very surprised if a Rangers fan chose to use the Ibrox disaster as a way to make Aberdeen look bad in the media.

The content of the bus vandalism is shocking and I am surprised someone would attempt to downplay it. Not much offends me in terms of football "banter" but the Ibrox disaster stuff should be off limits.

I will admit that I chuckled at "Ian Durrant dived", however. 

I would be very surprised if a Rangers fan chose to use the Ibrox disaster as a way to make Aberdeen look bad in the media.

The content of the bus vandalism is shocking and I am surprised someone would attempt to downplay it. Not much offends me in terms of football "banter" but the Ibrox disaster stuff should be off limits.

We all agree.

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I will admit that I chuckled at "Ian Durrant dived", however. 

Nothing surprises me about the supporters of the govan club. I didn't find any of it funny, it's just nasty and not needed. What I do find difficult to swallow is that the scottish media put this stuff forward as fact when in fact they know nothing. It's just shit stirring by nasty little people.

Archived