Unpopular opinions - movies edition

DA Baracus

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Postman, Waterworld and The Guardian are all a decent watch, and infinitely more enjoyable than any of the Costner 'classics' like Robin Hood, No Way Out and Fucking about with Wolves.

On 9/21/2016 at 17:58, Jimmy85 said:

True Romance is the greatest film of all time. By a distance.✘

Will Ferrell is just awful. His films are fucking atrocious. ✘

The Lion King is a fucking masterpiece and Disney will never top that. ✔

Not entirely relevant to this thread but people who say they hate Pulp Fiction are lying. ✔

Not a bad performance, the Disney Robin Hood and Aladdin are genuine contenders but the Lion King wins.

Pulp fiction is pure entertainment, i don't love it it's not that good but you can't help but enjoy yourself.

On the ones you didn't get right, Will Ferrel is stupendous. Elf and his 10 seconds in Austin Powers are masterpieces alone.

True Romance is second, ahead of Heat, M.A.S.H. Super Troopers and Office Space. The greatest film of all time is Glengarry Glen Ross.

On 9/23/2016 at 16:38, Blootoon87 said:

The Deer Hunter is tedious.

Probably the worst Vietnam film. The fucking accents as well. Just like The Departed, a lot of absolute cock.

2 minutes ago, killienick said:

Planes, Trains and Automobiles, Gremlins and The Grinch are the 3 best Christmas films.

You swine - I now have the sing-a-long "la la la la, la la, la la la la, la la, la, la la, la la la la laaaaah" from Gremlins stuck in my head. 

6 hours ago, killienick said:

Planes, Trains and Automobiles, Gremlins and The Grinch are the 3 best Christmas films.

Planes, Trains and Automobiles is great but it's a Thanksgiving film. The best Christmas film is Home Alone.

Agree on the Lord of the Rings films being rotten. And soooooo long. With nothing happening. Also agree that Will Ferrell isn't funny (particularly Anchorman). 

The top three Christmas films are Die Hard, Home Alone and The Santa Clause. Robin Hood is the most underrated Disney film and is up there with the Lion King, Alladin and the Jungle Book. Frozen I didn't really get - barring a couple of big tunes I found it a bit dull. I'm not a 6 year old girl right enough. 

Watched The Third Man the other week. I love spy thrillers but found this dull ad ditchwater. 

Not joking at all. As a non comic book fan, it was never going to be my favourite film but I was quite looking forward to it given all the hype and all my mates raving about it. I hadn't been so disappointed with a film for a long time. The first half hour was just OK, it picked up for the next 45 minutes or so and then if it had ended after the Joker's defeat then it would have been a decent but not fantastic film. I was expecting the credits to roll but ended up with the Two Face story shoehorned in for no discernible reason other than to make me sit through another exercise in trying to make a film about a comic character some kind of serious art. Worst of all, it's meant that we've had a succession of these comic book movies over the next few years which is not a good thing.

TBF I'm sure they had to edit the story after Ledgers death. He was meant to be in the final film along with Two Face but they just scrapped that whole plot line.

I disagree with almost every point raised in this thread. I find Will Ferrell hilarious (Anchorman, Step Brothers), I enjoyed LOTR films, I love the Coen Brothers.

I enjoy cheap shite films everyone else seems to hate like Deep Blue Sea and Black Knight.

Archived