Unpopular opinions - movies edition

DA Baracus

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

My favourite Bond was Roger Moore. Even when he was doddering about wearing a girdle and shagging birds half his age (but still legal). 

I would agree. Much preferred him over Connery. My favourite two Bond films had Moore in the title role, The Man With The Golden Gun and Love And Let Die. Connory may have been the original but Moore made the role his. 

Green Street is utterly fantastic, brilliant spoof without anyone involved seeming to realise it.

I had the dvd and saw a bit about the making of the film and it was directed by a French woman who was very pretentious indeed. She wanted to make the film to show that there are loads of men who have good jobs and a good family life but love getting in fights at the fitba just to get a release. One of the worst films I can think of but i could happily watch it every day of my life.

I think Anchorman is a 6.5/10 film, decent characters and moderately funny throughout but the fact people are still quoting very beige moments in the film is frankly embarrassing.

CANNONBALL!

I agree with the Star Trek and Pacino points here. I can't say I've seen Alien 3 and I'm neither here nor there on BTTF.

I've already mentioned my dislike of comic book films but the worst of recent times was the Batman one with the Joker - about 40 minutes too long (Two Face should have been another film) and I could barely make out half the dialogue. The fact people go on about it as of it's a serious film is what I don't get.

You have to be joking??? The dark knight is the best comic book film made and one of my favourite of all time! The joker as a stand out performance was mind blowing

Not joking at all. As a non comic book fan, it was never going to be my favourite film but I was quite looking forward to it given all the hype and all my mates raving about it. I hadn't been so disappointed with a film for a long time. The first half hour was just OK, it picked up for the next 45 minutes or so and then if it had ended after the Joker's defeat then it would have been a decent but not fantastic film. I was expecting the credits to roll but ended up with the Two Face story shoehorned in for no discernible reason other than to make me sit through another exercise in trying to make a film about a comic character some kind of serious art. Worst of all, it's meant that we've had a succession of these comic book movies over the next few years which is not a good thing.

I'll give you the part about two face but I'm afraid I have to disagree with the rest. I'm not massive comic book film fan but this film for me was outstanding and heath ledgers part is second to none..... it made me want to know more about the joker and how his mind worked. He seemed to be insane but have a sense of sanity about him was a very very clever protrail and IMO made the whole Nolan franchise what it was.

Archived