Unpopular opinions - movies edition

DA Baracus

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jackie Brown is his best film. He's never come close to emulating it since:

Kill Bill: one half good, one half a bit dull saved only by the half-decent "Superman/Clark Kent" monologue near the end.

Inglorious Basterds: two good scenes and an outstanding performance from Christoph Waltz, that aside it's an average film.

Django Unchained: it drags, it just drags on and on.

The Hateful Eight: good up to a point then it just falls of a cliff. 

9 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Had absolutely no interest in doing so. Really doesn't interest me. I might end up being totally wrong and liking it but its never interested me.

But you're happy to concede the point on Ronin even though you haven't seen it, because someone told you you'd like it.

Watch a film before you judge, f**k's sake man.

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

But you're happy to concede the point on Ronin even though you haven't seen it, because someone told you you'd like it.

Watch a film before you judge, f**k's sake man.

Oh don't give me that. Everyone see's films advertised, trailers, word of mouth every day and based on that you decide if a film will interest you or not. 

18 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Oh don't give me that. Everyone see's films advertised, trailers, word of mouth every day and based on that you decide if a film will interest you or not. 

You said a film was good without seeing it because someone told you that you would like it. Not the same thing.

1 hour ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

"The Godfather is the most dull and uninteresting movie ever made.
Hate Scarface too
Hate Fargo aswell
I've never seen The Deer Hunter or Taxi Driver and i have no desire to do so. "
IMG_1475836862.422348.jpg

Thanks for making my point for me. Seeing as i don't like any of the films you quoted me on, should it come as any surprise that i have no interest in seeing Taxi Driver? Its Fascinating to see everyone's responses to this, cause the film is held up in some sort of Holy Reverence where any person who says that they either didn't like or aren't interested in seeing it is met with responses that suggest that it is outside the realm of possibility that there could be someone out there that doesn't like it.

Thanks for making my point for me. Seeing as i don't like any of the films you quoted me on, should it come as any surprise that i have no interest in seeing Taxi Driver? Its Fascinating to see everyone's responses to this, cause the film is held up in some sort of Holy Reverence where any person who says that they either didn't like or aren't interested in seeing it is met with responses that suggest that it is outside the realm of possibility that there could be someone out there that doesn't like it.

Point missed entirely.

26 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Point missed entirely.

What that i liked Batman vs Superman but i dislike those Holy Revered films? No i got your point entirely buddy. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, i might joke around when someone dislikes a film i like but i don't outright call them wrong. 

Archived