Automatic cars.

TheCelt67

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We use it on virtually every power steering job, have done for the 5 years I've worked there, and never had any bother with it.

ATF is just a generic hydraulic fluid thats capable of doing any hydraulic job as far as I'm aware. Easiest way to see if its the right thing, is to see what colour the fluid is that was already in it, usually a choice between green and red. If you're just using it for a top up then you'll be grand, but I would say its not something that should disappear without there being a leak.

I just looked at it again earlier and it actually says automatic transmission fluid and power steering fluid on the front label. Apologies for wasting everyone's time.

I don't know if it's a leak or just evaporated or whatever it does over time. It was just below the minimum level so nothing major.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dee Man said:

I just looked at it again earlier and it actually says automatic transmission fluid and power steering fluid on the front label. Apologies for wasting everyone's time.

I don't know if it's a leak or just evaporated or whatever it does over time. It was just below the minimum level so nothing major.

How olds your car?

And I'd keep an eye on the level, as its 99/100 a leak that causes the level to drop, and the last thing you want is to lose the power steering while driving.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How olds your car?

And I'd keep an eye on the level, as its 99/100 a leak that causes the level to drop, and the last thing you want is to lose the power steering while driving.

It's a 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are the 2.4 engine the 160hp ones?

Also I'm desperate for a Evo8 one day, one of the 320 monsters. Look lovely

I've got no idea but I'd say it's more than that as I had an MG ZT 2.5 V6 190hp before and this feels easily as powerful as that.

No, but it might as well be. It's a 2.4 fucking flying machine with an exhaust you could walk up and a spoiler you could eat your dinner off. We had an Antonov fly directly over our house a few months back and there is not much difference in decibel levels. It's a pain in the arse noise wise but we had 48 hrs to buy a car a few months back and that's the best value for money we could find at the time. Here it is against tonight's beautiful sunset:

20161101_190823-1.jpg

It looks like an Evo. Has it been mapped?

Are the 2.4 engine the 160hp ones?

Also I'm desperate for a Evo8 one day, one of the 320 monsters. Look lovely

I do like the Evo and was surprised they stopped importing them. Stonking performance but they just don't sound that special. Which is part of the reason I'm on my third Impreza.

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:

It looks like an Evo. Has it been mapped?

I don't have a scooby but it's not got the vents or side skirts that Evo's do and it's just an ES in the logbook. I wouldn't know how to tell but I wouldn't be surprised if it's had a bit of tinkering done or if this is how it came off the production line.

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:

I do like the Evo and was surprised they stopped importing them. Stonking performance but they just don't sound that special. Which is part of the reason I'm on my third Impreza.

My mate had a black one with black wheels and a carbon fibre bonnet. It looked minted until he wrote it off.

Aye nothing sounds as "exciting" as an Impreza tbf, although you can try and copy it

I don't have a scooby but it's not got the vents or side skirts that Evo's do and it's just an ES in the logbook. I wouldn't know how to tell but I wouldn't be surprised if it's had a bit of tinkering done or if this is how it came off the production line.

Could be a Jap import? You really should know DM[emoji1]

Aye nothing sounds as "exciting" as an Impreza tbf, although you can try and copy it

Unless I'm being whooshed it's the rally derived flat four boxer engine with unequal length headers which give the glorious Scooby burble. Dealer wants£800 for exhaust for better soundtrack upgrade to keep my warranty intact. Or I can go elsewhere and take the chance.

7 hours ago, Dee Man said:

No, but it might as well be. It's a 2.4 fucking flying machine with an exhaust you could walk up and a spoiler you could eat your dinner off. We had an Antonov fly directly over our house a few months back and there is not much difference in decibel levels. It's a pain in the arse noise wise but we had 48 hrs to buy a car a few months back and that's the best value for money we could find at the time. Here it is against tonight's beautiful sunset:

20161101_190823-1.jpg

You lying Dundee b*****d!! Fucking sun is oot in that picture.

22 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Unless I'm being whooshed it's the rally derived flat four boxer engine with unequal length headers which give the glorious Scooby burble. Dealer wants£800 for exhaust for better soundtrack upgrade to keep my warranty intact. Or I can go elsewhere and take the chance.

For £400 I'll whack a few 6" nails through your silencer to give the same results

Archived