EFL Cup 16-17

7-2

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ref has fuckin shat that

Lingard should have walked. That was blatant

This is what really fucking gets me.

How on earth will we ever reduce diving when the refs don't give fouls, bookings, penalties whatever - when the player stays on his feet?

Clear yellow card. And basically shows everyone that you should be going down in all instances.

3 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Ref has fuckin shat that

Well, it's a judgement call - we criticise refs for showing too many cards, he (presumably) told Lingard that he got away with that because the Southampton player didn't go down, but if he tries it again he gets a card.  Good refereeing IMO.

Also, "the Southampton player"?  Who do I think I am, Pat fuckin' Bonner?

Well, it's a judgement call - we criticise refs for showing too many cards, he (presumably) told Lingard that he go away with that because the Southampton player didn't go down, but if he tries it again he gets a card.  Good refereeing IMO.

So if he went down you reckon he would have got a yellow?

Well, it's a judgement call - we criticise refs for showing too many cards, he (presumably) told Lingard that he go away with that because the Southampton player didn't go down, but if he tries it again he gets a card.  Good refereeing IMO.

If he's told him that, he should be sacked. That's not the rule.

And not everyone moans about too many cards. That whinging is the preserve of British commentators stuck in the 1970s.

Just now, pandarilla said:

Then how is it good refereeing?

Because are rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.  If yellow cards are given out for every foul, then the game is ruined - there has to be some leeway.  I think the referee showed good judgement and didn't turn a minor incident into a game defining one.  By the letter of the law, he should have been booked,  But it's a hell of a world we live in where the letter of the law rules over balanced judgement.

I might have a different opinion on Saturday at Ibrox, though.

Because are rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.  If yellow cards are given out for every foul, then the game is ruined - there has to be some leeway.  I think the referee showed good judgement and didn't turn a minor incident into a game defining one.  By the letter of the law, he should have been booked,  But it's a hell of a world we live in where the letter of the law rules over balanced judgement.
I might have a different opinion on Saturday at Ibrox, though.

Would you want your player to go down then?

Archived