EFL Cup 16-17

7-2

9 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Weren't great against Man City !? Scored early on and held on restricting them to next to nothing. Bournemouth and West Ham if the keeper does his job they'd have won both and although it was late on they deserved the Derby win. 

They were poor tonight though. 

You can't say liverpool were anything other than average against man city, it was a terrible, scrappy game with both teams constantly giving the ball away. Yes the keeper was really poor but he was only able to because the rest of the team completely crumbled. I've never seen a team give away so many ridiculously needless goals as liverpool. As for the everton game, yes if one team deserved to win you'd say liverpool, again it was a really poor game and if the keeper had done  his job it would have ended 0-0 and nobody could've complained. Don't forget the west ham keeper had a howler as well to let liverpool back in it soooo....

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, killie_lad said:

You can't say liverpool were anything other than average against man city, it was a terrible, scrappy game with both teams constantly giving the ball away. Yes the keeper was really poor but he was only able to because the rest of the team completely crumbled. I've never seen a team give away so many ridiculously needless goals as liverpool. As for the everton game, yes if one team deserved to win you'd say liverpool, again it was a really poor game and if the keeper had done  his job it would have ended 0-0 and nobody could've complained. Don't forget the west ham keeper had a howler as well to let liverpool back in it soooo....

Liverpool are 2nd in the table having taken 13 out of their last 15 points, unbeaten against everyone in the top 6 and still in both cup competitions. 

4 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Liverpool are 2nd in the table having taken 13 out of their last 15 points, unbeaten against everyone in the top 6 and still in both cup competitions. 

i know, thanks for that rab. Play like that against man utd, chelsea and in the 2nd leg, add to that the reserve team possibly losing to plymouth and they won't be for long

Have to stick up for Milner he's been very good at left back this season. Good defensively, steady on the ball and always gives 100%. 

I'd agree with that. Can't say I've seen him over-hit too many crosses, but his final ball could be better sometimes, but like you say, I also think he's been good at left back. You know what you're gonna get with Milner regardless of what position he plays. Fairly quick, doesn't shirk a tackle and decent on the ball.

8 minutes ago, killie_lad said:

i know, thanks for that rab. Play like that against man utd, chelsea and in the 2nd leg, add to that the reserve team possibly losing to plymouth and they won't be for long

Play like that tonight and they'll finish 6th and win nothing.

Henderson and Mane added to Matip are going to be a big miss on Sunday and Klopp needs a reaction out of the players.  

2 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Have to stick up for Milner he's been very good at left back this season. Good defensively, steady on the ball and always gives 100%. 

That's fair enough, you'll see him live week in week out. I just see him every so often on a tv screen. Just thought Klopp would sign or use an actual left back but solid not spectacular was good enough for the champions last season.

When you think about it there aren't many stand out left backs in the Premier League. Bertrand is probably one of the best.

11 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

That's fair enough, you'll see him live week in week out. I just see him every so often on a tv screen. Just thought Klopp would sign or use an actual left back but solid not spectacular was good enough for the champions last season.

When you think about it there aren't many stand out left backs in the Premier League. Bertrand is probably one of the best.

That's exactly it there isn't and Milner has adapted really well to the role. 

Bertrand and Rose are probably the best right now. Alonso's also doing very well, but he's not a traditional left-back. Baines sometimes shows glimpses of what made him the best left-back in the league a few seasons ago, but you can definitely see his age catching up with him at points.
Arsenal, Man City and Man United have all seemed to struggle to find a good left-back of late, in my opinion. Evra was outstanding in his prime, but I can't remember City having a good one since their success, and have Arsenal actually had a good one since Cole?

Weren't great against Man City !? Scored early on and held on restricting them to next to nothing. Bournemouth and West Ham if the keeper does his job they'd have won both and although it was late on they deserved the Derby win. 
They were poor tonight though. 

So it's only the keeper's fault you shipped 6 goals to Bournemouth and West Ham.

:lol:

2 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

So it's only the keeper's fault you shipped 6 goals to Bournemouth and West Ham.

:lol:

Definitely not - and while I'm no Mathematician - I'd say scoring 3 away to Bournemouth and 2 at home to West Ham would have been enough to win both. And they led both games prior to his errors. 

Danny Rose is having an excellent season and I'd say he's the best left back at the moment. I like Bertrand too though, good player.

I also think Erik Pieters and Patrick Van Aanholt are decent left backs but sometimes go unnoticed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived