EFL Cup 16-17

7-2

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Southampton chasing only their second ever major trophy! Thought they had won more than that, hope they go all the way.

Surprised me too as they've been a top-tier club for most of the last 50yrs. Indeed when they won the FA Cup they were in tier 2.

Only other titles the Trophy in 2010, and a pair of tier 3s (1922 & 1960).

EDIT: Actually they've been unlucky over the years. Runners-up in the Anglo-Italian League Cup, Texaco Cup, First Division, Second Division (thrice), FA Cup (thrice), Charity Shield, League Cup and Full Members Cup...!! They've lost 8 out of 10 cup finals.

3 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

hope rab is ok... naaat

Cheers Scotty I'm bearing up :) 

3 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Hopefully he's greeting into his scarf in the Kop end. 

A famous night for the Ev ... :) 

No excuses Southampton deserved that over the two legs and although Liverpool had the chances in the 2nd half to level the tie they should have been out of sight. Big chance to get to another cup final gone. 

You go a year without losing at home then do so twice in 4 days. Fitba eh. 

IMG_2165.JPG

IMG_2164.JPG

9 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Surprised me too as they've been a top-tier club for most of the last 50yrs. Indeed when they won the FA Cup they were in tier 2.

Only other titles the Trophy in 2010, and a pair of tier 3s (1922 & 1960).

EDIT: Actually they've been unlucky over the years. Runners-up in the Anglo-Italian League Cup, Texaco Cup, First Division, Second Division (thrice), FA Cup (thrice), Charity Shield, League Cup and Full Members Cup...!! They've lost 8 out of 10 cup finals.

The Dundee United of Englandshire.

18 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

When Sturridge kept missing chances that a competent striker would score, I just knew it wasn't going to be Liverpools night.

To be fair to Sturridge that's one of the things he normally does. 

3 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

One win in seven for Flopp's men now. Looks like they found their level against Plymouth Argyle.

Monty Chuckle

Of course equally they are unbeaten against sides in the top 6 this season. But yes it's been a poor run since the turn of the year. 

Archived