England v Scotland

tartanspark

Wouldn't be surprised if we shit fest our way to a draw.England are no great team but we were played off the park by Lithuania and Slovakia.

Defence the weakest area for both sides imo, but England obviously have more attacking quality.

Anything other than an unlikely win and strachan should be handed his jotters.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, tdcm27 said:

Do the English still care about this so called rivalry? I've got the impression during the recent Friendlies that nobody down south was too bothered.

I remember this coming up when Baddiel and Skinner interviewed Alastair Campbell during Euro 96 - he was giving it plenty about how beating Scotland was the most important thing for England fans, and their mild amusement and slight confusion was funny in itself. IIRC, they asked the audience too, who felt similarly.

My experience from down south is that we're something of a joke; the clown team who lose to absolute nobodies, and that was back when we had a decent side, That's the reason they sing about us - they've genuinely thought we're absolute dugshite for generations now. The singing isn't a dig at us - it's an insult to the team they're playing. WGS is included now because they know who he is, and he has a reputation for being a crap club manager, which is entirely fair when you look at his record at English clubs. They'd be furious to lose to us on Friday, but mainly because it would be like losing to Lithuania, with the added annoyance of probably being mocked by a Scot that they know in the aftermath.

The real minter will be when Wales go back to being shite again, and they become the new shorthand for a poor local international side. Until recently, mocking them would've been like beating up the disabled kid in class.

13 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

I've known more than a few Scots to get genuinely offended about the English fans' chanting about us, despite it being a two-way street. They totally owned the 'TA' at Celtic Park post-indyref, and quite rightly rip the pish out the Scotland managerial disaster of the moment. 

Spot on. Can't blame the English for indulging in some good natured GIRFUY when our entire songbook seems to be aimed at them.

Spot on. Can't blame the English for indulging in some good natured GIRFUY when our entire songbook seems to be aimed at them.

What songs are these then? Apart from the Diego Maradona one there's not any. Home and away for years now and it's absolutely false and not true to say we have an entire songbook about England. Pish.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

What songs are these then? Apart from the Diego Maradona one there's not any. Home and away for years now and it's absolutely false and not true to say we have an entire songbook about England. Pish.

I'm curious about this too. Where can I learn the words?  :P

12 hours ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

Folk forget England are not any better than Slovakia or Slovenia.  They have absolutely no good players

Let's just hope Raheem Sterling keeps this in mind (that he's no good, and absolutely couldn't waltz through our defence at will.)

1 minute ago, Duszek said:

Let's just hope Raheem Sterling keeps this in mind (that he's no good, and absolutely couldn't waltz through our defence at will.)

So could Gareth Bale at the moment, TBF, and I don't like Wales are any better that the Slo's.

The seethe during Mexico 86, and for years afterwards, was quite superb  [emoji14]

I actually never meant to post that that's nowhere near the full song

It's basically that plus it's you do the maradona and you score a goal and finishes off with he put the English out out out after the Ohh Diego maradona bit

Rarely ever sung mind you. That and we hate England more than you v the Germans were the only two times we sung about them. The songbook is shite but it's certainly not filled with stuff about England

1 hour ago, Falcor Roar said:

scotland-xi-533041464b6f1264d58f28d7e03ce207 (1).jpg

This is pretty much exactly my team apart from Martin at right back. I'd have Paterson there and Martin at centre back, (not because Paterson is good but just because he's slightly more mobile). Hanly off for Paterson. Personally, I'd switch wings for Ritchie and Anya but good shout team wise.

I think Burke is the only one in our entire squad that can terrify them with his pace and they tend to play a bloody high line at Wemburly.

Nae danger he'll choose this though.

3 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Never understood why people would want a player to play out of position, especially in a game like this. He's a winger, so play him on the wing and give him the ball, let him play his own game and see what he can do.

He's being trained as a number 10 at Leipzig.

This is pretty much exactly my team apart from Martin at right back. I'd have Paterson there and Martin at centre back, (not because Paterson is good but just because he's slightly more mobile). Hanly off for Paterson. Personally, I'd switch wings for Ritchie and Anya but good shout team wise.

I think Burke is the only one in our entire squad that can terrify them with his pace and they tend to play a bloody high line at Wemburly.

Nae danger he'll choose this though.

Pretty much agree with both that team and fact Strachan won't pick anything like it sadly

Archived