England v Scotland

tartanspark

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it even vaguely possible that Anya could play at right-back? As far as I'm aware, although I am willing to be corrected, he has featured there for Derby and played semi-regularly in both full-back positions during his time with Watford, too. Whether or not he would represent even a fractional upgrade on Paterson is open for debate, but I thought he struggled against both Lithuania and Slovakia (perhaps being hung out to dry by some of his more senior teammates in the latter fixture). Martin and Berra would be my selections at centre-back, primarily because whenever I watch Hanley play football he broadly resembles a donkey on cocaine; Berra is playing regularly and, from what I've read elsewhere, performing fairly well for Ipswich. He is far from the answer to all our defensive woes, I know, but he surely can't make the situation any worse than it currently is. 

I would also like Morrison to start in midfield. There were legitimate concerns around his fitness and match sharpness previously, but those appear to have eased somewhat now. He was very good for West Brom on Sunday, and I think he is our most technically impressive player on his day.

Anya can definitely play rb,  Strachan concerns would be physically,  at least paterson is big and strong.   Not how i see it but is with Strachan.   Right wing back would suit Anya much better.   One of the many reasons we should play 532 or 541.  Our cbs aren't great,  so 3 instead of 2 helps them out a bit.

scotland-xi-943aa71bd6a9ab2930697c808a78

Lee Wallace is utter horseshit so Kingsley will take the left-back role. Chris Martin the only on-form striker in the team and has to start. Burke isn’t experienced enough for this game so John McGinn will be one of the three impact subs, alongside Griffiths and stilts for him to use at corners.

scotland-xi-943aa71bd6a9ab2930697c808a782f3f.jpg

Lee Wallace is utter horseshit so Kingsley will take the left-back role. Chris Martin the only on-form striker in the team and has to start. Burke isn’t experienced enough for this game so John McGinn will be one of the three impact subs, alongside Griffiths and stilts for him to use at corners.

C

Obviously our chances of qualifying are over, but we could really help Slovenia and/or Slovakia by taking points from England. Every cloud and that.

This is certainly a poor England side who are there for the taking. If we had a halfway competent manager, I would fancy our chances of getting something down there.

Sadly we don't, and as a direct result we will almost certainly lose. However, I don't think we will see a Slovakia-esque capitulation. I'm expecting a closer game, a bit of dignity in defeat for a change. 2-1.

As mentioned before though a heroic or dignified defeat means Strachan will quip his way into the winter shutdown and come waddling back with the same old shite in the spring.

I want Scotland to win but if we are to lose I'd rather it was a cuffing to flush Strachan out.

Archived