England v Scotland

tartanspark

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's like when Kenny Miller was winding down - taking pelters for being shite after an international career of turning out when asked and undeniably giving it his all, whatever your opinion of his ability. The likes of Kris Boyd and Duncan Ferguson got off relatively lightly by comparison.

Fletcher doesn't look like he's good enough any more, but it's the managers fault he's still picked. It's a bit much to have a go at the player.

Fletchers poster boy no tattoos or headphones nonsense etc was fine when he was younger it was actually really admirable, he could be that way because he was absolutely brilliant on the park for one of the biggest clubs in the world. Automatically commanded respect from everyone, players and fans.

Now he's a bang average midfielder passing the ball sideways for West Brom every week.

Needs to do more, captain of the nations pre match speech to the Scottish public and he tells everybody it's not a must win. Why even say that? Why not just say we'll be doing our best to win the game every wins important or whatever.

Can understand managers acting like politicians (also annoying) but the guy that's the leader of the players and the guy that's out their on the pitch with the players is telling everybody a point would be a good result when we realistically have to win to qualify is quote annoying.

To be fair I think Fletcher in general just annoys me. Just seems like a teachers pet. Kind of guy that will be picking Henderson or whoever off the floor tomorrow making sure he's OK after he accidentally fouls him. Like I said, just beige.

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Needs to do more, captain of the nations pre match speech to the Scottish public and he tells everybody it's not a must win. Why even say that? Why not just say we'll be doing our best to win the game every wins important or whatever.

He's probably figuring that WGS will be away if we lose. Silver linings and all that  :P

He's probably figuring that WGS will be away if we lose. Silver linings and all that  [emoji14]

Hope so. And I was defending some of the criticism just 3 month ago. He's went into self destruct mode since Malta. Team and squad selection is completely uninspiring and I can't take any more of Chris Martin.

12 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hope so. And I was defending some of the criticism just 3 month ago. He's went into self destruct mode since Malta. Team and squad selection is completely uninspiring and I can't take any more of Chris Martin.

There's just something about the name 'Chris Martin'. You're never going to perform well at Hampden with that name.

I'm thinking:

5-0 sees Strachan off.

2-0 nothing to see, respectable defeat. Strachan stays.

0-0 shitfest a draw and the media start telling us the campaign is alive again, even though it was a must win before the game. Strachan stays.

I met Gary McAllister at a doo in Newarthill many moons ago, and got the SP of the prep for the Euro 96 match....players shouting and bawling at each other in motivation, Calderwood and Hendry threatening the rest to 'do that fucking blond arsehole' and generally, the biggest moment of all their careers being treated as such. Even with a fuckin lollypop man as manager.

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

I'm thinking:

5-0 sees Strachan off.

2-0 nothing to see, respectable defeat. Strachan stays.

0-0 shitfest a draw and the media start telling us the campaign is alive again, even though it was a must win before the game. Strachan stays.

Your thinking is probably wrong tbh.

Strachan goes in most scenarios.

Whether Strachan and the players believe what they're saying or not, every game in a 10 game league is must win, where only 1st and 2nd have any prize at the end.

9 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I never thought I'd miss Kenny Miller. Then I watched us punt long balls forward to Steven Fletcher.
I never thought I'd miss Steven Fletcher. Then I watched us punt long balls forward to Chris Martin.

I shudder to think what comes next. Perhaps a recall for Kenny Miller  :shutup

Probably Rhodes or McCormack if we get a new manager.  That's the way it usually works.  Everyone wails about McCormack not being involved like he's Pele, then he actually does get involved, turns out to not be the saviour, and we start to pile on him while looking to our next darling.

Archived