What Do You Do On A Sunday?

Yesterday (a Sunday) I went out and became stuck in a traffic jam.  Where? At the council recycling yard!  I had to queue to get in and got stuck in there for ages while loads of ordinary people put loads of unwanted stuff in skips.  I then continued to Hermiston Gait for B&Q and could hardly get my car parked.  What has happened to Sundays?

I have to say that I'm part of the problem as I could have done the same trip on other days of the week but, of those who only have the weekend free, who wants to spend their precious leisure time at the dump or B&Q?

So, what's happened to Sundays?  Did you go to the dump or B&Q or do you sleep off Saturday night until 2 on Sunday afternoon?  

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunday is my main day of boozing and is probably my favourite day of the week. I don't usually sleep late and am never properly hung over as I don't hammer it all that much. A perfect Sunday for me would be a lie in to about 9 o clock and then out for brunch/ lunch and a few afternoon pints then return home for a nice dinner and some wine and beer with my Mrs/ family.

Either 1) rough as fk, repeatedly ripping the heid aff and trying to get it together sufficiently to procure copious amounts of junk food, or 2) sober and out on my pushbike. I could probably go and visit some family members or some shyte like that but I'm an ignorant dick.

Alan Partridge: 'Sunday Bloody Sunday'. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!".

4 hours ago, Günther said:

Going to break the trend. Usually  get up around half 9, get breakfast sorted for the wee man the go to Church for 11. Back home for a fry up brunch then usually chill out or do some things round the home whilst the wee man is out with his pals. 

The Mrs is at the height of her rehearsals for her up and coming theatre production so it's just left to me and the wee man so a couple of games of FIFA are fitted in! When her show is finished next month we'll no doubt have wee days out here and there - Sunday is pretty much family day. Then at 7 I need to take the wee man back to his mums in Glasgow before going home to watch a movie, then jump in the hot tub for half an hour with a wee beer then bed. Simple Sundays :lol:

Fucksake, have you got a child as well? It's just revelation after revelation with you.

By the way, the church won't cure you.

I normally start with match of the day, breakfast. a shit & cleaning my teeth not necessarily in that order. 

A shower but never a shave unless I have to for visitation purposes. 

If we've not got the wee man & we are not going out then it's shorts n tee shirt lounging. If I've filmed the match the day before then I start the editing process on the computer, this takes quite some time, especially if I'm also fucking about on here or other social media sites  

If Man City are on the box, I armchair the match with a few bottles of ale. I rarely bother watching other live matches. 

Usually watch a film with the missus & have our tea, might open a bottle of wine in time for AR & we play guess how much? Watch more shite telly before going for a pish & cleaning my teeth not necessarily in that order then it's off to bed. 

Pretty boring having just read that back. Every day is like Sunday. 

Grimbo 

Archived