Ayr United v Queen of the South

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Queens were the better team in the 1st half without being better than average, the 2nd half was more even without either team getting above average, SD must have been in the hospitality to have witnessed all those chances as I certainly don't remember them.

Good to see the manager showing some strength by hooking Forrest immediately after he chose to stand about rather than follow Meggat's instructions, hopefully he learns from it and hopefully the manager has learned that Nisbet is comfortably the better option up front at the moment.

On a more chilled out note, a few observations.

The goal was very well taken by Cairney (when did he put on the beef?!) and worthy of winning any game.

I can't recall the boy in the middle of the park misplacing a pass (blonde hair, fluorescent boots. He might have been the guy that got MoM actually?).

Should we have had a penalty late on? Millar had a shot I thought was blocked by the Ayr player's arm.

On the penalty front, I was disappointed with Adams' attempt at conning the ref for a penalty. I didn't have him down as that kind of player tbh.

The striker who came on at half time made a good impact for Ayr. Thought he looked handy.

And the Ayrshire upbringing must be a rough one. I saw a 6/7 year giving the w****r sign to our support today :lol:

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

And the Ayrshire upbringing must be a rough one. I saw a 6/7 year giving the w****r sign to our support today :lol:

Probably fed up after the 25th rendition of Ayr Ayr f**k your Ayr in god first 5 minutes :lol:

7 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Queens were the better team in the 1st half without being better than average, the 2nd half was more even without either team getting above average, SD must have been in the hospitality to have witnessed all those chances as I certainly don't remember them.

That says more about your own memory than my sobriety (I was driving). They are all, with the exception of the headed chance he missed altogether, in the highlights in the post below yours. And I had forgotten the late volley Dobbie put past the post. Add that to the good chances count. I had also forgotten the shot from distance Ayr just missed the top corner from to be fair.

8 hours ago, wuffster said:

It doesn't look like a game we necessarily deserved to lose, but if you can't score your chances, you're not going to win.

I'm surprised with the goal - fine strike though it was - that nobody is picking up (I think)Pickard's role in it. He makes an indecisive mess of a routine clearance, effectively setting up the shooting chance.

Marshall's failure to get his cross beyond the keeper from the byeline was also criminal, although I understand he had a good game otherwise.

It doesn't look like a game we necessarily deserved to lose, but if you can't score your chances, you're not going to win.

I'm surprised with the goal - fine strike though it was - that nobody is picking up (I think)Pickard's role in it. He makes an indecisive mess of a routine clearance, effectively setting up the shooting chance.

Marshall's failure to get his cross beyond the keeper from the byeline was also criminal, although I understand he had a good game otherwise.

Marshall did have a good game, otherwise. Dowie seems to head it against Pickard in the build up.

Painful to watch it all again. Earlier in the season Dobbie kept them just inside the post, now they all slide past the outside. Marshall at the end had any number of options, shooting tamely at the keeper wasn't one of them. And  whilst you can't fault Robinson's enthusiasm, he took it off Higgin's foot who was far better placed.

Apart from our inability to score, there were positives. Brownlie the overlapping full back, Brotherston looked dangerous throughout, (no idea why he was hooked), Marshall gets himself involved, we can forgive the occasional lapse.

Archived