Raith v Queens (4th v 3rd) Alba Live 29th October @ 1715 hours.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we can get the victory but will need to be more clinical infront of goal. If we have the same squad available as Saturday I would be tempted to go with a 3-5-2 with Brotherston and Marshall as the wing backs. Jacobs Millar in the middle with Dobbs in behind Rigg and Dykes. Its effectively a 3-4-3 as Dobbs isn't going to do much tracking back but it's not a biggy as Jacobs does the work of two men usually anyway. Quite a versatile 11 aswell and can easily shift to a 4-4-2 if it wasn't working. 

Shoes have kind of swapped feet since game down there a few weeks ago.

While our injury list is still vast (JT being the major absentee) we are in a much better place than then, Cuthbert being back is huge difference maker, Stewart is hopefully close to being back to best while a few more will hopefully be over their short term ailments 

With QoS now having an injury along with form crisis I would like to think we can avenge that defeat.

Never made Falkirk and I'm glad he eventually had a decent game this season but if Smith is fit, loan ending or not, I would like to see Davo on the bench

Incredibly we're the joint-highest scorers in the league, I kind of feel as if we've struggled for goals at times - Saturday was the first time strikers had scored since the Pars game in August. It's almost cancelled out by a relatively poor defensive record though. Queens may be struggling for goals but we've had two clean sheets in our last ten matches, against ten-man Hibs and uber-diddies Dunfermline. We've conceded two or more in six of those ten matches. 

Stats suggest both teams to score would be a good bet, and a high scoring thriller. 0-0 it is. 

54 minutes ago, Paco said:

Stats suggest both teams to score would be a good bet, and a high scoring thriller.

Eh? We havent scored a league goal in over 6 hours since Dean Brotherston scored in the 80th minute the last time we played you! We havent scored in the 90 minutes in two cup ties since then either (though did get two in extra time against Linfield). The stats suggest the complete opposite of us scoring!

Incredibly we're the joint-highest scorers in the league, I kind of feel as if we've struggled for goals at times - Saturday was the first time strikers had scored since the Pars game in August. It's almost cancelled out by a relatively poor defensive record though. Queens may be struggling for goals but we've had two clean sheets in our last ten matches, against ten-man Hibs and uber-diddies Dunfermline. We've conceded two or more in six of those ten matches. 

Stats suggest both teams to score would be a good bet, and a high scoring thriller. 0-0 it is. 

4-3 to Queens....

Beginning to think our name is actually "Queen of the South Nil" these days.
Going on recent form I can't see anything other than a home win.
Would loved to be proved wrong tho with Anderson popping up with a late winner á la Baird.

I think Partick Thistle have the Nil accolade.

Archived