Raith v Queens (4th v 3rd) Alba Live 29th October @ 1715 hours.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Eh? We havent scored a league goal in over 6 hours since Dean Brotherston scored in the 80th minute the last time we played you! We havent scored in the 90 minutes in two cup ties since then either (though did get two in extra time against Linfield). The stats suggest the complete opposite of us scoring!

The great thing about loss of form and not scoring is that when it does come good its such a great feeling ( tell me it will come good again)

24 minutes ago, sonicsco said:

So Barr is def out. Hope Johnson will take his chance and show his early career promise

I hope so, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Thompson play wide left and Davidson back in midfield if Smith is fit.

17 minutes ago, Raith25 said:

Big blow having Barr out

Yeah, luckily it's the one place we have actual cover for. He might start Johnston, who seems to have been coming more into contention in the last few weeks and who replaced barr against Falkirk, you've also got Roberts and Coustrain to consider as well. He might also stick Vaughan out there.

I'd give Johnston a go myself. Barr has easily been our best player this season though so that's a big blow. Smith and Johnston in for Davidson and Barr for me, but I think Locke might keep Davidson in the team at the expense of either Thompson or Matthews.

Yeah, luckily it's the one place we have actual cover for. He might start Johnston, who seems to have been coming more into contention in the last few weeks and who replaced barr against Falkirk, you've also got Roberts and Coustrain to consider as well. He might also stick Vaughan out there.

I've only seen Coustrain once and he looked a good player, seems to be running riot in the development league. Bit disappointed we've not seen more of him.

15 minutes ago, Paco said:

I'd give Johnston a go myself. Barr has easily been our best player this season though so that's a big blow. Smith and Johnston in for Davidson and Barr for me, but I think Locke might keep Davidson in the team at the expense of either Thompson or Matthews.

I hope not, when we've been getting results it's because we've had a fairly energetic midfield that was willing to press the game.

12 minutes ago, Raith25 said:

I've only seen Coustrain once and he looked a good player, seems to be running riot in the development league. Bit disappointed we've not seen more of him.

He's got to fancy his chances of some kind of appearence on Saturday.

With Barr confirmed out. I'll hope the starting XI is this (presuming Smith is fit);
Cuthbert
Smith M'voto Bene McHattie
Callaghan Thompson Matthews Johnson
McManus Stewart

Much has already been said for form going into this game but that doesn't always continue. I think it'll be twitchy arse for the 90mins, 1-1 at HT, 2-1 FT.

Barr has certainly developed into a decent footballer. When he was at us I hated him playing at CB and personally thought he was close to woeful from what I recall. I liked him when he was playing at RB though.

Aye it would appear so! I just looked at the backline of the line-up above noticed no Barr at the back. I've only just noticed after you pointing it out that there is no Barr in midfield :lol:

Cracking news for us in that case.

Archived