Raith v Queens (4th v 3rd) Alba Live 29th October @ 1715 hours.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heading along to this game really hope Del's back and we can find the net, played well first half on Sat the players got stuck in but the rub of the green and the inexperienced players we have playing just now are holding us back.

...the inexperienced players we have playing just now are holding us back.

Hmm, I'd have to say that's extremely harsh on our younger players. By inexperienced I think only Brotherston can be given that title and he was arguably one of our better players on Saturday as well as looking handy when making appearances from the bench. I'll assume Pickard is the other one you would bracket. For me he certainly hasn't been as bad as some would like to make out.

You could make a strong argument that one of poorest performers of late has actually been Dobbie, though being played out of position then deployed as a lone striker certainly hasn't done him any favours.

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Hmm, I'd have to say that's extremely harsh on our younger players. By inexperienced I think only Brotherston can be given that title and he was arguably one of our better players on Saturday as well as looking handy when making appearances from the bench. I'll assume Pickard is the other one you would bracket. For me he certainly hasn't been as bad as some would like to make out.

You could make a strong argument that one of poorest performers of late has actually been Dobbie, though being played out of position then deployed as a lone striker certainly hasn't done him any favours.

Dykes? Dobbie we all know what he brings to the team it will never be workrate (although he gives so much more than his first spell here)but give him the ball to his feet and he will create chances for himself or his teammates around him, he's done it for years, but he must get the right service and person playing beside him ie D Lyle.

Dobbie can find space and twice or thrice on Sat he moved into great areas in and around the Box only for his team mate not look up and find a pass to him.

We have had a small blip but I would have been happy at the start of the season if we were sitting where we are considering the small pool and injuries we have suffered. 

A winnable game imo. I'll plump for a 2-1 Rovers win.

Interesting one if Smith is fit for this. Does Locke disrupt a winning team and change things around or stick with the same team that beat Falkirk? Anyhoo if Smith is fit then this game will be his last (unless we speak to Hearts about extending his loan) as he was only meant to be here til the end of October. 

You would think Stewart will get another start after his display on Saturday.

Hopefully Bobby Barr is fit for this one, after he had to go off on Saturday. Any news on whether it was just cramp or if it's ligament damage, or some other injury. Looked like he had fouled the Falkirk player then didn't get up and had to be taken off.

I'd keep Davidson at right back. He did okay on Saturday.

Not sure how we follow up a 4-2 away win at Falkirk. Hopefully with another win.

Barr said on Twitter on Saturday that he's "hurt his knee but should hopefully be OK". Would be a disaster if he's out for any length of time, in many games this season he's been literally our only threat. 

Would imagine we'd have the same team out, unless Liam Smith is back (don't think he's meant to be?). Locke is very old-school and doesn't change a winning team. 

Dobbie should still be feared and I feel like Grant Anderson will make us pay at some point this season. Hopefully we can avoid a repeat of the 3-4 Alba match at Starks a couple of years ago... 

A win would leave us in a very good position, having been looking over our shoulders at 6th-7th before Saturday. As such, we'll likely lose. :D

Mark Stewart really did take his chance looking at the highlights 2 goals and an assist. Would like to see him and Vaughan at some point soon they were on a real run about 18 months ago before injury put paid to Vaughan season.

Archived