Any budding Petrocelli's out there?

42 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Especially when you don't pay them.

My Scottish council tax is on DD Mr C, also if you'd have bothered to read post 1. The council tax only stopped being paid once the tenants had left the place, BUT the place was left in such a mess, I couldn't rent it out right away even had I not wanted to upgrade it, the c***s had left old beds in & broken furniture & although I'd provided the white goods they where not worth trying to cleaning, so they had to be removed & replaced. 

I wasn't asking for the world, I just wanted the mountain of rubbish removed & to see if they had any landlord assistance or grants to help towards getting the place rewired, it was just over £2,000 & as I'd already paid for the new gutters & the wee roof repair & with the place needing new carpets & redecorating it was all mounting up. I had to get a new toilet in as well, oh & most of the internal doors were fucked BUT I wasn't asking for the council to help with that, I just wanted the shit shifting & to see if I could get help with the cost of the rewire?

I was working full time in Edinburgh, the house is over 200 miles away, I couldn't pop round after work at night & do a bit here & there, that's why it took so long to sort & that's how the council are charging me £400, which I feel is unfair.

Grimbo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Mon Dieu said:

We will cope. We live in hope.

A profitable incarceration, for the nation; a relieved P&B and a Grim HMP.

I would personally pay every penny for your imprisonment - purging grim posts from P&B.

I'll be the funder you can't plunder.

These rhymes may be crimes but you, Grimbo., are criminal.

Hey just a minute mate,

what's the going inside rate?

I can manage a fortnights stir,

do it on A Wing & a prayer,

so put your offer on the table,

or was it just a Mon Dieu fable?

Grimbo

I'm not trying to be obtuse but shouldn't you have advised the council that the property was uninhabitable at the time?

I know the horse has bolted now but going back to them to say it a few months later might be a trick that all landlords might pull if they can't rent their property.

If you've kept all the bills from the rewiring I'd photocopy them and send it to the council as proof that the electrics were dangerous.

1 hour ago, Grim O'Grady said:

My Scottish council tax is on DD Mr C, also if you'd have bothered to read post 1. The council tax only stopped being paid once the tenants had left the place, BUT the place was left in such a mess, I couldn't rent it out right away even had I not wanted to upgrade it, the c***s had left old beds in & broken furniture & although I'd provided the white goods they where not worth trying to cleaning, so they had to be removed & replaced. 

I wasn't asking for the world, I just wanted the mountain of rubbish removed & to see if they had any landlord assistance or grants to help towards getting the place rewired, it was just over £2,000 & as I'd already paid for the new gutters & the wee roof repair & with the place needing new carpets & redecorating it was all mounting up. I had to get a new toilet in as well, oh & most of the internal doors were fucked BUT I wasn't asking for the council to help with that, I just wanted the shit shifting & to see if I could get help with the cost of the rewire?

I was working full time in Edinburgh, the house is over 200 miles away, I couldn't pop round after work at night & do a bit here & there, that's why it took so long to sort & that's how the council are charging me £400, which I feel is unfair.

Grimbo

I did read the first post, and was fully aware that the council tax was paid up until the tenants left.

What I don't understand is why you ignored the bills and took the huff when they threatened to take you to court for the money you owe, rather than giving them all this information when the first bill came in. Instead of questioning the bill or asking for a rebate, you asked for a fucking handout to help you do the place up FFS.

get a medical student pished. procure some training parts, like a medical skeleton. put them under the floorboards of your house. phone Crimestoppers. 

that should keep the council off your back for a few months.. 

...otherwise Norman Stanley Grimbo-

smiffs.jpg

21 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I did read the first post, and was fully aware that the council tax was paid up until the tenants left.

What I don't understand is why you ignored the bills and took the huff when they threatened to take you to court for the money you owe, rather than giving them all this information when the first bill came in. Instead of questioning the bill or asking for a rebate, you asked for a fucking handout to help you do the place up FFS.

Once again Mark you are twisting my words & my melon man.

I'll try again because under that mask of thickoness there's a smart kid trying to escape.

I asked for assistance to clear out the shite the past tenants had left & told them I was going to do some upgrades whilst it was empty & did they have a landlords scheme to help towards paying for the work? They used to have BUT it's no longer available due to budget restrictions (see pot to pish in post), they sent me a list of approved tradesmen. So because there was no help & I was 200+ miles away, getting the work sorted took longer than had I wanted it too, therefore the house was empty longer & that's how I got landed a £400 council tax bill, have you got it now, I wish Shands was here with his paintbrush, I'd ask him to paint you a picture.

Grimbo

6 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

I'm not trying to be obtuse but shouldn't you have advised the council that the property was uninhabitable at the time?

I know the horse has bolted now but going back to them to say it a few months later might be a trick that all landlords might pull if they can't rent their property.

If you've kept all the bills from the rewiring I'd photocopy them and send it to the council as proof that the electrics were dangerous.

A horse? I knew about the dug and cats, but not the horse. 

6 hours ago, Grim O'Grady said:

Once again Mark you are twisting my words & my melon man.

I'll try again because under that mask of thickoness there's a smart kid trying to escape.

I asked for assistance to clear out the shite the past tenants had left & told them I was going to do some upgrades whilst it was empty & did they have a landlords scheme to help towards paying for the work? They used to have BUT it's no longer available due to budget restrictions (see pot to pish in post), they sent me a list of approved tradesmen. So because there was no help & I was 200+ miles away, getting the work sorted took longer than had I wanted it too, therefore the house was empty longer & that's how I got landed a £400 council tax bill, have you got it now, I wish Shands was here with his paintbrush, I'd ask him to paint you a picture.

Grimbo

Grimbo, I think everyone understands the picture by now.  The trouble most of us have is in trying to see why you think it's anyone's problem but your own.

You've got property that's too far away for you to manage properly and where you don't know the local authority's rules.  In those circumstances, most folk would pay for a factor.  If that eats into your profits, sell the fucking flat.

12 hours ago, Grim O'Grady said:

Grimbo

The council in Edinburgh will give you a 100% exemption if a place needs a rewire as under the new electrical rules you can't rent it out without a safe EICR. If you've got a report saying the place needs a rewire then give it to the council and explain the place is uninhabitable on the basis it's unsafe. Forget the "too messy to live in" angle. 

Bonfire night round the corner, stray firework and all that. ;) Pay off council with insurance claim.

Just make sure you have a cast iron alibi, never know as they (police, insurance, etc.) may look into this (not as if there hasn't been previous for this sort of thing).

Failing all else, why not set up a crowd funding sort of thing, never know you may raise enough for the bill, repairs as well as getting a wee holiday out of it.

P.S Just make sure to remove all pets first.

Just joking on all the above. Pay your dues you miserable git.

14 hours ago, Grim O'Grady said:

Grimbo

To be fair to the council down there, none of this is their problem or concern. If the council didn't have an obligation to take the stuff away (as I'm guessing it wasn't in the wheelie bin) then it falls to you. If there's no money in the biscuit tin for private landlords then so be it, you still have the responsibility for YOUR property. You'd be better chasing the tenants for money than blaming the council for not understanding your unique issues. Its all part of the landlord rollercoaster, it sounds like you've tried to do it on the cheap, rather than dig your heels in and look to scapegoat the council get the place sorted and punted out through a letting agent down there and put it down to experience.

Right let's get back to tesco basics. I feel I've muddied the waters here, I except the P&Blame. 

Right forget all the shite I wrote before. Can we start again? 

I am being charged £400 council tax on a property that lay empty, therefore I'm being charged for a service I did not receive. 

I have the £400 but I'm a miserable b*****d who doesn't like to pay for something he never got.

I accept that being between residences (not the one attached to the council tax bill) & being distracted at the time of the bill coming in is no excuse but now the council concerned have advised me that they may take legal action against me, I have 14 days to respond. 

What I was wondering was is there  any difference in English & Scottish law on this matter, can they take that action against me up here? 

Thank you 

Grimbo 

ETA asking for a friend. 

3 minutes ago, Grim O'Grady said:

Right let's get back to tesco basics. I feel I've muddied the waters here, I except the P&Blame. 

Right forget all the shite I wrote before. Can we start again? 

I am being charged £400 council tax on a property that lay empty, therefore I'm being charged for a service I did not receive. 

I have the £400 but I'm a miserable b*****d who doesn't like to pay for something he never got.

I accept that being between residences (not the one attached to the council tax bill) & being distracted at the time of the bill coming in is no excuse but now the council concerned have advised me that they may take legal action against me, I have 14 days to respond. 

What I was wondering was is there  any difference in English & Scottish law on this matter, can they take that action against me up here? 

Thank you 

Grimbo 

ETA asking for a friend. 

If someone goes on holiday abroad for a month should they write to SKY tv for a refund on their bill months after it comes in saying they weren't watching the telly so shouldn't have to pay?

Just now, Rugster said:

If someone goes on holiday abroad for a month should they write to SKY tv for a refund on their bill months after it comes in saying they weren't watching the telly so shouldn't have to pay?

Dunno I've got kodi? 

Can you not record programmes for a month on $ky digical? Therefore you'd still get to watch bake-off etc? Or can't you pick up your package (insert Kenneth gif here) via other media platforms whilst in Blackpool? 

Surely going on holiday is a personal choice too? 

Grimbo  

1 minute ago, Grim O'Grady said:

Dunno I've got kodi? 

Can you not record programmes for a month on $ky digical? Therefore you'd still get to watch bake-off etc? Or can't you pick up your package (insert Kenneth gif here) via other media platforms whilst in Blackpool? 

Surely going on holiday is a personal choice too? 

Grimbo  

The point is you didn't tell the council the house was empty, and are now greeting about it like a wee lassie after you've been hit with a bill for services "you didn't receive" like getting rubbish cleared out. I wish my council tax covered them taking my bins in and out and emptying shite out my garden.

In short, pay up, you brass necked duffer.

20 minutes ago, Rugster said:

The point is you didn't tell the council the house was empty, and are now greeting about it like a wee lassie after you've been hit with a bill for services "you didn't receive" like getting rubbish cleared out. I wish my council tax covered them taking my bins in and out and emptying shite out my garden.

In short, pay up, you brass necked duffer.

I did inform them, they gave me 25% discount, I should have mentioned that they gave me 25^ discount for it being empty. I can't see how my greeting like a wee lassie you sexist pig has any relevance? 

What's getting your rubbish cleared out got to do with any of this you dirty mink? Do you not have bins round your way, scum subhuman scum? 

Loads of folk (politicians & pop stars etc) find loop-holes so they don't have to pay their taxes, I was only seeking out a loop-hole, any holes a goal (apparently).  

Grimbo 

Archived