Queen of the South Nil v Dundee Utd

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Away.

You or even I would have saved that.  The shot was sclaffed into the turf popped up gently to a comfortable height.  The 'keeper didn't just block it ; he had time to make a point of swatting it away.

It was miles from requiring an excellent save.

You clearly saw it very differently to me then. He was already commited to the dive and reacted very well to throw a hand up and block it.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You clearly saw it very differently to me then. He was already commited to the dive and reacted very well to throw a hand up and block it.

I agree about him already being committed, but the shot was so poorly struck and so well within reach, that there was plenty of time for the necessary adjustment.

I think the comments are typical of Managers generally who over emphasise the positive and generally under play the negatives.

Both Ayr and Raith were so bad in these games that it was almost a dream scenario for a visiting team in this ulltra competitive league. I would have been really concerned if we hadnt been the better team in these games but we certainly didnt do nearly enough to create the sort of chances that lead to goals.

The Ayr keeper had virtually nothing to do the week before and Cuthbert had a few saves to make all of which you fully expected him to make.Dobbie duffed the shot but keeper still had to deal with it - which he did well.

Same team as last week except Murray in for VdV.  I thought Van der Velden was poor last week and am not surprised that he's been replaced.  But Obadeyi has been chronic the last couple of games and is still getting a start!

ETA - beaten by Eck.

Sooo happy with a goal. Even if we get beat 4-1 I'm happier than if it remained 2-0 as mental as that sounds.

Scoreline is about fair I'd say. We started well without causing any problems but yet again concede with the opponents only shots on target.

Have to say I'd like to see the highlights of the first. I thought the ball went out closer to the left hand side and the corner should have been taken from the other corner. Maybe not ordinarily a big deal but considering how dangerous the Utd boy's in-swingers had been I'm surprised our lads didn't kick up more of a fuss. What was Robinson up to for the second?

Perfect time for us to score there. United look a far better side than us but at least it gives us a little hope, even if it's false.

Archived