Queen of the South Nil v Dundee Utd

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, we scored one of those goal thingies.

Dreadful stuff though.  We really were not at the races.  I doubt if Lyle was fit, but we all understand why he might have been hurried back.  There was barely a trace of football in us today though and it's becoming increasingly tricky to see where points might come from.

Sooo happy with a goal. Even if we get beat 4-1 I'm happier than if it remained 2-0 as mental as that sounds.

Should have predicted a 3-2 win.

Beaten by a far better team today. A far better United side than we faced on the first day. They've clearly found their feet. For that reason it's hard to be annoyed. Having said that, I'm starting to get extremely f£cked off with our persistence of route one. Punting balls up to our 5 foot strikers (who are far better with the ball at their feet anyway) against 6 foot defenders hasn't worked, isn't working and never will work. Why is this taking so long for our manager to realise? And when they do this stupid launch up into the corner right from kick-off I'm almost blowing a gasket. Seriously, what is that all about? It's not rugby. We're perfectly entitled to hold onto the ball in our half and pass it about for a while.

I couldn't see how bad Hamill's challenge was as the Utd fans were standing up. But the big guy at the back for Utd (14?) is a very lucky boy. For one, he ran half the length of the pitch to get involved in something that didn't require him to intervene and it all kicks off because of this. He then throws his head towards Dowie and manages to escape with just a yellow. Pretty impressive tbh.

Durnan strolled it and was fizzing when he got hooked. Good to see he's finally shutting up his doubters and a respectful celebration by him (though he'd be perfectly entitled to celebrate in any way he wanted). Good Guy.

Alloa will be rubbing their hands together.

Higgins trying to hold durnan back and block him at the 1st goal had he put as much effort into defending the cross ball durnan wouldn't have had a free header.
Robinson looked suspect for the 2nd as well got off lightly with 4 1 today

Just now, gogs said:

Robinson looked suspect for the 2nd as well got off lightly with 4 1 today

Robinson's positioning for that goal must have been atrocious.  It was a nicely whipped in ball and a good header.  However, it entered the goal pretty centrally and our 'keeper was nowhere near it, having to dive backwards to try and retrieve a situation that shouldn't have posed such a problem.

24 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I thought we were unlucky. Just didn't get the rub of the green.

Amusing that conceding a goal to us is now a subbable offence.

I thought we were a bit unlucky first half but you cant defend crosses into the box like that and expect to get anything from the game.

Second half, though, we were never in it, particularly after Lyle went off.

The difference in the two teams was clear. United made better choices and had more quality in the final third. We badly missed Hamill, he should have been on earlier and for Brownlie. As well as he did defensively, he offers nothing going forward - which isnt really his fault, as hes a centre back - and chasing the game we needed another attacking option. Early in the season we were putting a lot of, good, crosses into the box from wide areas and Hamill was a big part of that. Its something we've stopped doing, we're nowhere near as dangerous looking in wide areas as before.

Archived