The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

49 minutes ago, RiG said:

A rare comment from Mueller to dispute the Buzzfeed article:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46928440

It's not even a non-denial denial, either.  It would appear that Buzzfeed's monumentally fucked up here.  It manages to make people feel sorry for Trump.

Although, in complete fairness, they have issued the kind of statement not seen since Watergate: "we stand by our reporting [note, not 'report'] and our sources who informed it".  From what I understand, if they've been sold a dud then they've got ever right to publicly name those sources.

Edited by Savage Henry

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

It's not even a non-denial denial, either.  It would appear that Buzzfeed's monumentally fucked up here.  It manages to make people feel sorry for Trump.

Although, in complete fairness, they have issued the kind of statement not seen since Watergate: "we stand by our reporting [note, not 'report'] and our sources who informed it".  From what I understand, if they've been sold a dud then they've got ever right to publicly name those sources.

It's quite a vague denial though, doesn't specify what they got wrong. It's conceivable that the gist of what they said was right, just not the way they stated. Here's hoping anyway.

"Buzzfeed's description of specific statements to the Special Counsel's Office, and characterisation of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen's Congressional testimony are not accurate."

Edited by welshbairn

23 minutes ago, Detournement said:

There is only detail in the story. That Trump told Cohen to lie..

Nope, just some of the information Buzzfeed claimed they had that led to that conclusion.

Edited by welshbairn

The problem with the popular narrative is that either Trump is making America great again and the world’s against him, or he’s a corrupt agent out of a John Le Carre novel.

The truth is somewhere in the middle, and I suspect that this story is somewhere in the middle too.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

The problem with the popular narrative is that either Trump is making America great again and the world’s against him, or he’s a corrupt agent out of a John Le Carre novel.

The truth is somewhere in the middle, and I suspect that this story is somewhere in the middle too.

I don't doubt that he passed word to Manafort and Cohen not to f**k him up and they'd get a pardon. I also doubt there's a paper trail. Thought from the beginning if he got found out for anything it would be money stuff or obstruction, "collusion" isn't even a crime. Although if Manafort was giving internal polling data and the campaign's list of voters to target, indirectly to the infamous Internet Research Agency in St Petersburg, and even better if Trump knew about it, it could get a bit juicy.

23 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Sooner folk realise:

a) He's no getting the jail

and

b) There's next to no appetite to give him the jail

The sooner acceptance will welcome you into it's bosom.

How dare you! Maybe not jail but I have everlasting hope in Putin losing faith in the sanctions getting dropped and releasing the pee tape.

Trump is making America and the world a much, much worse place by his rhetoric.

He's arguably in the most influential position in the world, and the shit he says has a massive impact, probably more than his policies/bills/amendments etc.

His rhetoric is one of division and hate, of fear and selfishness. He's an appalling man who should really be laughed at but instead has the biggest platform in the world.

What he says matters to millions. We can argue all day about them questioning things and doing their own research but the reality is that they won't. Millions of people will believe what he says and/or the media spin, and his current message is one of hate, fear and division. 

It's sickening. People should not be characterised by being folk who were born in one country but live/work in another. All people should be characterised by their actions.

14 hours ago, RiG said:

It's scary how monumentally thick he is.

And insane that a large number of Americans (whilst not a majority, and I think he'll be out in 2020) but still, a fucking huge number of Americans think he's some sort of saviour.

Mental.

Then again, you've got a ton of thick c***s in Britain who thought voting for Brexit was to stop Pakistanis and Nigerians coming in.

If you think Trump is bad you should read up on what the Dulles brothers got up to.......

Trump isn't the problem, he's a symptom of the problem......Reading up on the above will help you understand what the problem actually is!